User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Still got my EGR fault... Even with a replaced EGR.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9CDTi

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : Lots

    Default Still got my EGR fault... Even with a replaced EGR.

    Hi guys.

    Still got the EGR problem with my car (2.2 DTi). It comes up with a code for insufficient flow through the EGR. The throttle body has been cleaned, the boost sensor was cleaned a few months ago but will be done again just to be sure, a different EGR has been fitted (and we know it's a good one) too but this didn't stop the car flicking into limp home mode when it's up to 60-70mph at around 2000 RPM and only has a light load on the engine. The next thing to change will be the boost sensor.

    Can anyone else think of what will be causing this? As far as I know, the EGR doesn't monitor the flow through it and it doesn't drop into LHM if you rag it or leave it in 4th on the motorway, so the other question is, what is the engine doing at 2000ish RPM with light load that it isn't happy about?

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    Full Member chrisvectra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Are you VXR Enough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

    Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

    Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

    Year : 2008

    Default

    have you checked all the turbo hoses fella?
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !



  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9CDTi

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : Lots

    Default

    Checked the top ones, not the bottom ones. It is suspected that the intercooler has a slight split in it but it doesn't feel down on power and made 135hp on the rolling road on Saturday.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Celes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Slovenia, Koper
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Signum

    Trim : Sport

    Engine : 3.0 CDTI

    Year : 12/03

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cont1204 View Post
    so the other question is, what is the engine doing at 2000ish RPM with light load that it isn't happy about?

    Cheers.
    I think those are the RPM when the engine starts to pull stronger, so could well be a boost related problem (or vacuum).

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9CDTi

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : Lots

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post
    I think those are the RPM when the engine starts to pull stronger, so could well be a boost related problem (or vacuum).
    Hmm, the flaps on the inlet manifold work on vaccum don't they? Might got for a dig around later on and see what I can find. Just can't understand why if you cane it hard, it's fine and goes well, just if you cruise it isn't happy about it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Vectra Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somerset
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post
    I think those are the RPM when the engine starts to pull stronger, so could well be a boost related problem (or vacuum).


    This is a problem I've had and keep getting on and off. I replaced my EGR with new, New boost sensor and all boost pipes as well, but it will still go into LHM once in a while at about the same Rpm and speed as you. Now looking into turbo calibration as i've had the actuator adjusted.

    Innes on here is the man when it comes to vacumm and boost problems. I'm sure he'll be on soon to assist.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9CDTi

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : Lots

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vectra Forever View Post


    This is a problem I've had and keep getting on and off. I replaced my EGR with new, New boost sensor and all boost pipes as well, but it will still go into LHM once in a while at about the same Rpm and speed as you. Now looking into turbo calibration as i've had the actuator adjusted.

    Innes on here is the man when it comes to vacumm and boost problems. I'm sure he'll be on soon to assist.
    Cheers. I've not fiddled with the boost so no idea if it's above or lower than what it should be.

    Hope so! Every time it's up to those speeds and on the odd ocassion, about 40mph, it's always in limp home mode! Almost makes driving on the motorway dangerous.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Innes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Plymouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I had this alot and it drove me crazy for a while.

    It could be one thing or a combination of things. It doesnt sound line an EGR problem. Have you read the codes since you put the new EGR on? Have you also read the codes with just the ignition on (postion II)? If not, try it. I code a code that wasnt stored when the engine was running and it related to a faulty Vacuum solenoid (error P1590 Vacuum Solenoid Valve Circuit Open). See my thread HERE. This turned out to be my main issue.

    The other options are:

    Split vacuum pipes. These tend to perrish on the rubber connectors but the engine cover can rub through them. They are best replaced with silicone hoses from ebay for £6. See my thread HERE.

    Boost Sensor. It can get gunked up as you know but you have to be careful cleaning it. It might need changing but you tend to get error code P0234 - Boost Pressure Control Circuit Negative Deviation. This error code could also indicate that the turbo Actuator rod needs a halft turn to adjust when the boost comes in.

    read the codes again with the igintion at postion II and with it running as well then post up your findings.

  9. #9
    Full Member bobssignum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    polishing something or other somewhere
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum 2.0 DTi

    Trim : Elegance/Elite

    Engine : 2.0DTi

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 73350

    Default

    Have you tested the vacuum actuattors , If one of these goes faulty then you effectivrely have an open system
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9CDTi

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : Lots

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    I had this alot and it drove me crazy for a while.

    It could be one thing or a combination of things. It doesnt sound line an EGR problem. Have you read the codes since you put the new EGR on? Have you also read the codes with just the ignition on (postion II)? If not, try it. I code a code that wasnt stored when the engine was running and it related to a faulty Vacuum solenoid (error P1590 Vacuum Solenoid Valve Circuit Open). See my thread HERE. This turned out to be my main issue.

    The other options are:

    Split vacuum pipes. These tend to perrish on the rubber connectors but the engine cover can rub through them. They are best replaced with silicone hoses from ebay for £6. See my thread HERE.

    Boost Sensor. It can get gunked up as you know but you have to be careful cleaning it. It might need changing but you tend to get error code P0234 - Boost Pressure Control Circuit Negative Deviation. This error code could also indicate that the turbo Actuator rod needs a halft turn to adjust when the boost comes in.

    read the codes again with the igintion at postion II and with it running as well then post up your findings.
    Cheers dude. I'll check the rubber connections.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobssignum View Post
    Have you tested the vacuum actuattors , If one of these goes faulty then you effectivrely have an open system
    Cheers, is there any way to test these or is it just a case of looking for a fault code?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New fault codes after EGR replaced!!
    By lencuff in forum Y & Z30DT Specific
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th December 2012, 21:09
  2. Swirl Flaps replaced, still got fault code!!
    By Casper85 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th September 2012, 14:59
  3. What do I need replaced
    By m20_swe in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25th March 2012, 08:45
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 9th July 2011, 22:19
  5. any one replaced the ecu?
    By twaiter in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 13th January 2011, 23:44

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •