0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Double din upgrade?

I am wanting to take out the standard headunit in my 04 pre face Sri. I'm looking at a nice double din unit by kenwood. The only reason for change is I want iPod/iPhone control and charging. And I want a small sub for a little bass when Im in the mood.

Firstly what connectors do I need so that I can keep steering wheel controls as I didn't find any on eBay and car audio direct have several diff options.
    And also how do I tell what trim colour I have inside the car so I get the right facia plate.

I'm going to remove the front seats and run the cabling neatly down the car under the carpet and out from the side carpet in the boot. I'm also going to fit a vibe quick release adaptor so all sub/ amp wires go into it then if you need to remove the sub for additional space you simply just unplug 1 single plug and it's out rather than having to disconnect wires individually all the time.

I'm fine with the install just need help on fitting the double din to this car specifically. Do I need an autism adaptor because also the standard unit in the car is shockingly poor at finding or even staying tuned in to a radio station so I fear there might be a problem with the aerial.

So what connectors do I need.
    Best place to buy them
    And is any modification required to fit.

Thankyou.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hope this helps

This site is where I planned to buy a full install kit- http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/doubl...1486_1489.html

They sell on ebay, you can get individual parts or the whole kit with or without stereo, you should be able to see what you need.

Also here try here-http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/inst...uxhall-vectra/
    Last edited by ilesal; 25th August 2011 at 08:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get all what you want from just kenwood for steering wheel controls I would get kenwood's own harness it's dearer but you get better control than autocontacts steering wheel control

Forum Moderator & Events Team davedrinks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking the seats out seems like the hard way to do this to me - just run your cables down either side of the car under the trim - have a look at my install thread to see how Ian-Highlander and I did mine! http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142735

Mods : Insignia Washer Jets,Boot & Footwell LEDs,Reverse Cam,Pioneer AVH-3200BT,Pioneer TS-Q172C(front),Alpine MRVT407 V12 Amp,Alpine SBE-1243BR 12" Sub,In Car Freeview TV,Heko Wind Deflectors,Airbox mod,K&N Panel Filter,Irmscher Boot Spoiler,Angel Eyes, 50W 5K HIDs, 30mm Lo lowering springs, Eyebrows,17" Fox Alloys,Powerflow Stainless Steel dual exhaust. Winner-Best I.C.E-Heritage Centre Meet 2013

Admin & Server Techy Ian-Highlander's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah there's gut loads of space in the main cable runs down each side of the car, I've got two 4 gauge cables and the remote cable and front and rear speaker wires running down the passenger side one in addition to the car loom already in there. I did run my phono cables under the centre console and rear carpet, but that doesn't need the seats taking out to do.

Also, you may want to look at Neutrik connectors instead of expensive quick release systems for the sub. Nice and cheap, two or four pole, rated at up to 1000w. I've fitted them in mine and recently did Daves (above) for him.

Detailed pics of the entire thing here if you're interested http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132828
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ian Highlander
    After reading your thread this morning you have given me some good dieas with regards to installation, particularly the 'removal subwoofer' idea
    I just hope I have enough room to mount my amps as I only have a hatchback so the room behind the carpet won't be as much as yours

Do you have any issues with the amp overheating with it being stuck behind there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant info there guys much appreciated. Iv only ever run cables in smaller cars where there is never enough room under door trims. Never had a car this big so it's good to know there's plenty of space in all areas lol

As for centre console. Does it all come out easily? I'll be removing it to retrim the armrest to leather so I can run my phono cables as you guys have down the centre. I won't have the issues you guys are having as I'm only having a cheap ass box in the boot with a built in amplifier so the whole thing will remove easily. I like your fast removal method tho I shall look into those connectors now 

I did a big install in my last car and it was hard to live with hence why I'm not messing with this car too much. Small cheap sub just for a little bass but I am going to fit focal comps and a half decent headunit as this cars all about practicality for me but still want a few comforts.

Thread Information