Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question G6 compound?

Hi All,

Ok im a Novice at this, so i have to start somewhere,

I have a few scratches on my car which i want to get out, and of course buff up my motor at the same time leaving a nice shining finish. now i have seen a body work repair garage come out with a cloth with a tiny bit of compound on it and make a scratch on my friends car Vanish!

I asked him what it was called and he said it was G6 Compound. so now i seen it in action i want to get some and get rid of all the scratches that aint too deep on my car using the same stuff. however knowing my luck and not actually doing it before ill end up doin something wrong and it costing me a Bomb in repair work to put it right!

• Has anyone used this G6 compound before?
    • My car is Black Vectra LS 2.0Ltr Dti
    • T-Cut = Pants!
    • I have managed to pick up a Cheap Polishing machine for a fiver at a car booty, (Never used).
    • I also have a Bottle Auto Glym Polish Resin.
    what would be the best way to apply this to my car?

Any help on this would be Awsome.. the scratches etc are doin my head in now

Thanks in Advance Guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

what sort of maching have you got? did it come with pads?

my advice would have a read through some of the practices people use in the detailing section and go from there. The key to a good finish is good prep so if its in need of a lot of TLC i would recommend wash (2 bucket method), clay, wash, compund, polish, wax. That should give you a good start and have good results. If you take your time over it. Super resin works great on dark cars and contains fillers so will hide swirl marks (to a degree). Get yourself some microfibres so wipe it all down with and you'll be well away mate........

detailingworld.co.uk has a wealth of information but it is a minefield of products and processes.....so maybe that for another day. I can become quite addictive this detailing lark, trust me!

HTH mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I do bodywork and I use G6 and so do nearly every other bodyshop

It's universally used for good reason ....it's brilliant!

Also get yourself some Farecla Wax (same manufacturer as G6).

You can use G6 dry but I recommend using it with water and don't linger near to the edge of panels for too long. Having said that, G6 is quite forgiving of the novice but just be careful.

I use a rotary soft start polisher btw.

I detailed 2 cars on Saturday (took 10 hours and cost the owners £100)

The Audi I did was black and a bit dull with lots of swirls and it ended up looking like it had just left the showroom (6 year old car).

The wax I mentioned above is just awesome; I have never used a wax that is so easy to apply and buff and the way it beads water after is incredible.

Here is a link to their products:-

http://www.carsmetic.biz/product.php?cat=2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

G6 is awesome mate , just remember to use plenty of water with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hey Guys,

thanks for your replies, sounds Great, have tried other little products before but they dont even seem to touch the surface. even the auto glym poilsh didnt seem up to the job. the G6 compound sounds right up my street, so im going to get some and give it a whirl!

(Ben) i only have a very basic machine, twin handle buffering machine with 2 pads attached, a big furry one and a fine course one, (can u tell im a complete novice at this already?) ha. ive been looking for a decent one for a while but they have been out of my price range £300+ crazy costs but will keep hunting for one.

(V6 Turbo Elite) that Link is awsome bud! thanks for that much appreciated, the advice on applying the G6 wet will deffo help bud, i am that new to it i would have just put it on, give it a rub and then tried to buff it tbh. Ill buy the wax also and give it a whirl, the only thing i dont want to do with all this is take off too much pain that its gonna end up a dull colour or faded or something i dunno.. ill go real easy on it.

once i have all the gear i need and give a panel a go, ill post my results on here.

Apart from that any other tips would be greatly appeciated peeps. i did however come accross a product that actually does what it says on the tin.... (no not paint stripper) haha... something called "Demon Shine" throw a bucket of it over the car once its been washed, leather it down or leave it to dry, and when it rains it disperses the water from all over the car. pukka little product, best £2 quid iv spent in asda for a while..haha dunno if there is a better one.. but its good stuff. wax based of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

another tip for you aswell mate is this stuff is very messy it gets everywhere , so i taped up most of the joins on my car when i did it , but trust me mate it comes out awesome mate a really shiny and smooth surface.

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Moved

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hey guys, Thanks again for more replies.

(Ginge), that look like alot of reading which is Brilliant! unfortunatly ill have to read through it all when i get home, as im at work and the pictures are blocked via our network, but much thanks bud, it will be Very useful as a guide line.

(Nelly) bud thanks for the tip, ill be sure to cover up the gaps and do the job pannel by pannel and give it a good whirl

im egar to get started now im pretty much loaded with so much info, the excitment is getting to big, i think im not going to be feeling very well tommorow, may need to call in sick ;-)

thanks again for the info guys much appreciated,

** Apologies to Admin, if i posted in the wrong place **

Thread Information