Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra 2.2 direct SRI pump problems

Hi everyone,
    I wonder if someone can give me some advise on my Vectra I'm out of ideas.

Basically a few months ago we were driving through heavy traffic and the car cut out, it started again then cut out a few more times. Once we cleared the traffic jam it behaved. When we got home I did some googling and found it was the dreaded pressure regulator / high pressure pump fiasco. I called up our local "Evans" dealer to get the regulator done under recall the car was taken in and collected it seemed a little better so I assumed it was the HP pump as it was still playing up. The symptoms were on reving it was lumpy above about 3k it would idle fine and pull off ok If you put the engine under load if you were in the wrong gear coming out of a corner it would trip the EML. I managed to get a local garage to get one for me 2nd hand the Conti version of course and fit it. The car again seemed a little better but not much.

A few weeks latter we were on the M6 motorway in a jam the traffic started to clear and we accelerated to 40mph in the middle lane. The car lost all power and coasted to a stop. As you can imagine this was great fun with 2 lanes streaming past us and 3 kids in the car we managed to get it started and pulled onto the hard shoulder. We let it cool for a few mins and started her up and managed to get the car home. I'm aware that the HP pump causes the stutter but the regulator can cause the cut outs. I called the dealer to check that the regulator had been replaced to be told they had no record of it yet the job card did show it to be done. They could offer no explanation/apology and I booked it in. I called Vauxhall to lodge a complaint against the dealer which is ongoing as the manager at the dealership was away. Basically I reckon it never needed the pump I forked out for.

Anyway the car has a new regulator (I checked this time) it no longer cuts out it also has a nearly new Conti pump. On the motorway it has gone into lip home mode not when accelerating but when you lift has anyone got any ideas? It still trips the EML under load as above if you are in the wrong gear the error code reports a miss-fire. I think the coil pack is ok as the idle is fineThe idle is fine could the throttle body need cleaning or new plugs?

We are hopefully selling it next month I just wanted to get it working fine because it's been a great car.

Thanks in advance

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was there not an ECU problem with some cars causing them to go into LHM for some really small reason? I can't remember what it was for the life of me though....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a chat with someone at work they reckon it could be one of the coil packs degrading?

Does that sound right?

cheers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok to tie this one up (hopefully).
    I took the car back to the dealer who very kindly offered to do a free diagnostic. It appeared to have a misfire on Cylinder 4 so it was either the plugs, which they changed for free or the coil pack which they would fit free and charge £130 for the part which isn't too bad.

So far with the new plugs it's running great.

The point is though is my old HP Siemens pump actually ok? There was little/no change in the car after it was fitted. I have put it on ebay for spares or repairs because I haven't got a clue.

Cheers

Garry

Thread Information