Thread: Accident Advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Accident Advice

Last night whilst I was sat in the beer garden enjoying my pint the bar maid decided to reverse 15 foot back in her C3 straight into the front of my veccy.

The bumper, foglight, and headlight are fooked. I took all her details and photots of it all and she accepted 100% liability.

I phoned my insurance gave them all the details and they said they would arrange for the car to be picked up and a hire car dropped off. They said that if they couldnt get all the charges of her insurance within 49 weeks i would be charged for the repairs and hire car.

Anyway the woman rung me this morning to say sorry and shortly after her insurance company rung to say that she had accepted 100% liability and that they would arrange for my car to be collected, repaired and a hire car dropped off totally free.

The problem is Ive never had an accident so dont know what I should do. Do I go with what my insurance company are saying or do I leave it for hers to sort everything?

Her's said that if mine charge more than what they recommend I would be liable for the extra costs.

Im fully comp with business use and mine have said that if she accepts 100% liabilty it wont cost me a thing. Is this right or will I loose my no claims? Im really confused.

Any adive would be appreciated.

Cheers Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

Put the insurance companies in touch with each other and let them sort it out seems it will be sorted either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if hers are willing to sort out leave them to it. If you use your you'll need to pay excess and then reclaim it through her insurance. If her insurance sort it its highly unlikely you'll need to pay excess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

also as most barmaids are employed for their physical attributes i would ask for some human kindness as compensation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rob 2.2dti View Post
    also as most barmaids are employed for their physical attributes i would ask for some human kindness as compensation.

Free Beer N A Fondle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    if hers are willing to sort out leave them to it. If you use your you'll need to pay excess and then reclaim it through her insurance. If her insurance sort it its highly unlikely you'll need to pay excess

Let her insurance fix your car, you wont pay an excess and youll get an equivalent of a Vec as a courtesy car. Your insurance co. will make you pay the excess and theyll give ya a Peugeot 107 to go round in while yours is being fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right cheers for the advice I'll ring mine back on Monday and let them know hers are handling it. As for favours from her she was about 50+ and not a looker so i'll just settle for the car fixing lol

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As the guys have said, most companies liase anyway...

Personally I'd take the freebie courtesy car from whoever does the repair, no matter what it is following my experience a few years ago.

Accident being dealt with, insurance company said to drop the car with a VX main dealer, no problem there. The day before I dropped the car off, I got a call from someone who said they could arrange for me to get a hire car of the same spec as the Vec. Great I thought...

No... After 2 days I got a call to say there were no family saloon sized cars available, so they sent me a Fiesta!

Basically, ended up with my insurance company being charged for a car which I could have had for free from the VX body shop!

Third party hire company ripped off the insurance company... Exactly why the insurance premiums go up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im going to give them both a ring tomorrow and explain to both and let them sort it. I just dont want to have to pay a penny and to be hinest the car aint that bad. Most annoying thing is I'd just filled it with diesel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I had my accident last month I contacted my insurance straight away. They advised me that in an accident where the fault is clearly with the other party, they'd waiver my excess as there's little or no point charging it to then have to chase up a refund. They also advised me that they'd settle the claim and recoup it from the other party and not to accept offers of repair, recovery, hire cars etc.. from people claiming to be acting on behalf of the other party's insurer as often they're outside companies who's only interest is making money out of everyone involved in the accident.

I dont know how true that was but I figured that Ive paid car insurance for the past 9 years and never claimed so why the heck shouldn't I let my insurer do some donkey work on my behalf. In the following weeks, I had about 4 phone calls and 3 letters from different people claiming to be involved and I simply forwarded them onto my insurance company to deal with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information