0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Default Where do I stand.....

Ok 2 weeks ago I got some quotes to have my xp splitter sprayed, then went to a local recommended bodyshop with great reviews for a quote from them.
    Well the lowest quote I got was from vx in dercy who was spraying my grill and wanted £85 but a 5-10 day turnaround plus an hors drive up there, But would have been refundede £14 postage from the grill as I would have collected both.

Anyway this bodyshop said we will do it for £80 and will be done and fitted for friday (dropped of on the wednesday early afternoon), due to a call out to work I had to call and say I couldnt make the friday and they said thats fine we will call you monday to arrange to fit monday afternoon or tuesday.
    So Monday came and at 4pm I decided to call them as I had no call, the woman said she would get the sales man to call me back as he was on a break. No call till tuesday midday (long coffee break) and he said he couldnt promise anything but its gonna be friday , So I said no problem I will come and get it later and fit it myself. But he replied by saying he hadnt even touched it yet. But hang on it was meant to be fitted friday, he said He was meant to call me and explain he had a big insurance job come in so it got busy..........
    So bit my tongue and said so when is it going to be done he said "as I said looking at friday mate"........So friday 5pm I call them and he is not there and the sales lady doesnt know whats happening with it. I ask can she ask someone from shop floor so she did. Reply was " it will be done for monday,tuesday next week at the latest and they are really sorry about the delay"....
    Bit my tongue again....
    Well Tuesday was yesterday and you guessed it I got a call from them to say they needed to take a chip of paint from my car to colour match as vx had sent them the wrong paint. I took car in and after a 30 min chat about how shiny my car was, the splitter was in a spray booth being sprayed........"see you tomorrow Mr Evans, I will call you at lunch time to let you know a time" Happy days its getting done.

Well No call today so I called them at 4pm to be told "sorry he is has popped out and I dont know anything about whats going on, I will get him to call you"
    5pm I called again and told the above again....
    5.30pm I called and asked her to ask another member of staff and again her reply was same as above.

They close at 6pm, I called again at 5.55pm and no answer.........

Do I have any rights?
    WHat would you do?

I feel like going in after work tomorrow and walking out with it, in whatever state its in and kicking the guy in the nuts...

His quote after saying vx wanted £85 and 5-10 day turnaround was "we can do that for £80 and in half the time mate"

Its been 14 days today...
    Sorry for the long post peeps.

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

****** he'll scotty not good at all mate go there tomorrow and speak with manager and tell them you want compensation ! Or you will name and shame them

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

They only noticed yesterday they had the wrong paint?Can see why you want some payback, this was all supposed to be ready to fit the a/c weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

way too unreliable, bin them, go and get it and take it somewhere else..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy1954 View Post
    They only noticed yesterday they had the wrong paint?Can see why you want some payback, this was all supposed to be ready to fit the a/c weekend.
    This is what I have said to them, it was me that called on the friday an hour before it was meant to be fitted to cancel as I had a call out with work.
    He did not mention "oh anyway we havent even started" or no call so I would have turned up there friday to be told it hadnt been done.
    They also took the paint code and photos and used a colourmatch card to match the paint on the wednesday I dropped it in...But Yesterday they needed a colour chip from my bumper to match it. Its all confusing to me and I feel like ive been given the run around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Agree with Don on course of action mate, totally unacceptable they way they've messed you around. Hope you get it sorted soon dude....without too much more hassle!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats shocking mate,just not giving a **** about the smaller paying customer.shame your not closer,id have that sort of thing done in a day!just take it in the booth along side another job,simple.

East Midlands - Regional Organiser new boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : INSIGNIA

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.0

Year : 11

go get youre bits back and get compo for the inconveniance there way out of order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well it was being sprayed when I was there yesterday at 12 midday so I really dont understand as he said it would be finished yesterday as it just needed spraying and clear coating, but couldnt fit till today.
    I will find out tomorrow about 11am after my first job unless they call me before hand. But I will be showing my anger and I might be a right git and ask them to return it to me in its original state, plus no money has passed hands yet so I have the upper hand lol.
    Last edited by scotty84; 17th August 2011 at 20:44.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Mileage : 1200

I'd certainly be asking them to reconsider the bill, or make it a freebie, after the way they've messed you about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information