StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Faultcode dpf

Hi guys,

My friend has got a serious problem with his vectra.

Very often his spanner light goes on and the car goes in reduced power.
    The opel dealer always does a forced regen because they say the dpf is clogged.
    I find it strange because the car does a lot of long trips.

Now he has it again.
    I read the code now myself and it says P1901-75 Particulate pressure high differential pressure.
    Strangely the dpf is only 66% full.

What is the real problem? Is the sensor defect or has it to do with the boost pressure sensor from the intake manifold?

Any help please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has he checked his EGR valve recently? A sticky/broken EGR valve would cause excessive smoke which would be caught by the DPF causing more frequent regens, but no smoke would escape to indicate a fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reality is that the filter is either clogged or it is not. The car may think differently and this may be causing the problems.

If the filter really is clogged, then this may be due to (as mally says) something causing the car to produce excess soot - EGR problems, intercooler leaking, hoses leaking, vacuum pipes leaking are all suspects to check.

Is the car doing regen cycles at all? If for some reason, the car is not doing regens, then the DPF will just fill up with soot and the car goes to limp mode.

If the filter is not clogged, but the car thinks it is, then the pressure sensor, wiring, or pipework to the pressure sensor may be faulty.

Can your code reader also see live data from the ECU? If so, read the pressures and check to see whether a reading is nonsense - like one sensor reading zero with the engine running. If you cannot do this, then ask the Opel dealer to get the readings from Tech2 and actually diagnose the fault correctly, rather than forcing a regen and sending the car away!

EDIT: if the problem cannot be resolved, the DPF can be removed - both physically and have it removed from the software with a re-map. If this is being done, adding some more BHP and mapping out the EGR and blanking it off are all worthwhile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hebblemarine View Post
    The reality is that the filter is either clogged or it is not. The car may think differently and this may be causing the problems.

If the filter really is clogged, then this may be due to (as mally says) something causing the car to produce excess soot - EGR problems, intercooler leaking, hoses leaking, vacuum pipes leaking are all suspects to check.

Is the car doing regen cycles at all? If for some reason, the car is not doing regens, then the DPF will just fill up with soot and the car goes to limp mode.

If the filter is not clogged, but the car thinks it is, then the pressure sensor, wiring, or pipework to the pressure sensor may be faulty.

Can your code reader also see live data from the ECU? If so, read the pressures and check to see whether a reading is nonsense - like one sensor reading zero with the engine running. If you cannot do this, then ask the Opel dealer to get the readings from Tech2 and actually diagnose the fault correctly, rather than forcing a regen and sending the car away!

EDIT: if the problem cannot be resolved, the DPF can be removed - both physically and have it removed from the software with a re-map. If this is being done, adding some more BHP and mapping out the EGR and blanking it off are all worthwhile

tnx for the fast replies.
    The egr still works. I tested it with opcom.
    Wehter the car does regens i don´t know because the driver does not recognize the signals. But opcom says that the dpfis only 66% full.

The car has already been remapped. I also told him yesterday that he can delete his dpf. If the problems is not found the he will do this.
    I also found on a zafira forum that sometime a line at the back of the engine bay can be damaged. This will cause suction of false air. anyone knows which line they are talking about?

i will clean his egr valve and boost sensor. I will also check the intercooler pipes.

tnx for the answers

Thread Information