User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: been busy.. hopefully getting old wheels back on tomorrow.

  1. #1
    Regular Member hagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kingswinford
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default been busy.. hopefully getting old wheels back on tomorrow.

    Well after about a year of having 3 alloys sitting in the shed(wrote 4th off) have finally managed to get another ..
    What they used to look like..


    now a lil problem occured when I had the new one..it looked too new compared to the rest.. laquer had flaked off in places etc on the 3... so harrassed the 4 wet n dry and paint


    just took masking tape off and they look good... will posty pics morrow...
    (and yes..i could get them refurbed.. but just spent £800 on wheel & tyres..ooh and nice 30mm spacers for rear...)

  2. #2
    Regular Member TimTay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRECHIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There really cool man, looking forward to the pics

  3. #3
    Regular Member Mads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ipswich,.UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    good job mate, i was thinking about a rear spacer but didnt know if they were ok to use etc etc and where to get one from?
    look forward to the pics

  4. #4
    Regular Member hagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kingswinford
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    good job mate, i was thinking about a rear spacer but didnt know if they were ok to use etc etc and where to get one from?
    look forward to the pics

    I got mine from wheels uk... I'd only use hubcentric type and anything above 10mm i'd look at bolt on types.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Mads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ipswich,.UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hagga View Post
    I got mine from wheels uk... I'd only use hubcentric type and anything above 10mm i'd look at bolt on types.
    what size spacers do you need so the back wheels stick out as much as the front (same)?

  6. #6
    Regular Member hagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kingswinford
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    what size spacers do you need so the back wheels stick out as much as the front (same)?
    depends how low your car and how how big the gap out to the arch is as the suspension movement on the rear moves in an arc... i'd just measure from tyre out to arch..then round off to nearest -5mm.. so if eg the gap is 24mm..go for 20mm spacers ... different wheels with different offsets will vary how close to the arch they are.. the ones I have now have 10mm spacers.. the ones I've sprayed are having 30 mm ones... you could jack up back end and drop rear arm on bricks(so suspension is compressed).. bung a couple of rods/screwdrivers through wheel into hub.. find desired spacing then measure wheel mounting face to hub..

  7. #7
    Regular Member Mads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ipswich,.UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hagga View Post
    depends how low your car and how how big the gap out to the arch is as the suspension movement on the rear moves in an arc... i'd just measure from tyre out to arch..then round off to nearest -5mm.. so if eg the gap is 24mm..go for 20mm spacers ... different wheels with different offsets will vary how close to the arch they are.. the ones I have now have 10mm spacers.. the ones I've sprayed are having 30 mm ones... you could jack up back end and drop rear arm on bricks(so suspension is compressed).. bung a couple of rods/screwdrivers through wheel into hub.. find desired spacing then measure wheel mounting face to hub..
    thanks for the info, didnt know they were quite expensive.... about £100 for eibach ones

  8. #8
    Regular Member hagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kingswinford
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    thanks for the info, didnt know they were quite expensive.... about £100 for eibach ones
    no probs.. I know there're a lil pricey.. but the eibach/h&r/fk ones are the best.. theres some cheapys knocking about.. tempting but i'd steer clear

  9. #9
    Regular Member hagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kingswinford
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    got wheels on yesterday



    going back to the spacers... did make a lil error last ones I had with these wheels on the rear were 20mm and was sure there was still room to go so I'd got 30mm ones this time..


    Had to roll/flare arches diy style to get rears to fit

    they just clear the arches when suspension compressed..got to tidy them up a little and get them both matching.

    10mm front spacers.

  10. #10
    Regular Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tain - Easter Ross
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm now not usually a fan of aftermarket wheels but they look good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. M.O.T tomorrow Busy morning today
    By Vectra Dan SRi in forum General Motoring Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23rd February 2013, 13:53
  2. Busy day ahead of me tomorrow
    By RBH in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27th May 2012, 15:59
  3. Busy day tomorrow
    By kman247 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30th July 2010, 22:26
  4. Busy day tomorrow
    By lizard in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 30th July 2010, 18:22
  5. Get my Vec. back tomorrow.
    By Stevel in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th February 2007, 22:40

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •