User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What needs doing on my free 100k mile service?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What needs doing on my free 100k mile service?

Hi, I have a 1.8 Petrol Vectra Estate (Sept 2006 / 56 Plate) which is currently leased, I’m about to buy the car off the lease company but before I do, I’m going to get the 100K mile service done for free at the local VX dealers, my car has just done 105K miles so I’m a little behind on my service intervals.

Can anyone please advise what I should get changed on the car because it’s going to be a free service (lease company will be paying for it), I want a list of everything that should be changed/checked so I can give it to the VX dealers to do for me.

I’ve heard that the belts should be changed, what belts specifically need to be changed on my car? I believe this depends on my engine type, but how do I know what engine I have? I also believe I should get all the Belt Tensioners, Pulleys and Water pump changed at the same time, is this true for my engine type?

I have also started to get a bit of judder from the car when I pull away, is a new clutch needed? How long does a clutch normally last?

Cheers, Rich.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

It would be a major service so oil, air, fuel filters, oil, coolant would also recommend brake fluid.

Full cam belt kit including idlers and tensioner, water pump, aux belt.

And as for how long a clutch lasts. Well howmlong is a piece of string. So many factors affect it, 100k from original isn't bad going.

I've got a friend whis girlfriend kills a clutch in 20k!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as above service wise, a clutch wont be covered either way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

56 plate so should be the VVT. 100k is timing belt change time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And the water pump isnt driven off the timing belt on a vvt so they wont be doing that either!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The garage will probably follow the service schedule and refuse to do any extra work unless pre-authorised by the lease company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To add to what Jezzy said the lease company wont pay/authorise anything unless its on the service schedule or is safety critical. Examples are when doing brakes they wont pay for brake cleaner or copper grease or any consumables. Any part needing replaced they won't pay for new gaskets and then refuse to pay for instant gasket. Very very tight and they are all the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers all for the advice, so how do I know if mine is the VVT engine or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rich05uk View Post
    Can anyone please advise what I should get changed on the car because it’s going to be a free service (lease company will be paying for it), I want a list of everything that should be changed/checked so I can give it to the VX dealers to do for me
    Check the front section of the Service Book, this should detail what is required
    If not, visit a dealership and ask for a copy of the schedule (if they ask advise them you want to ensure the lease company perform the correct service)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    The garage will probably follow the service schedule and refuse to do any extra work unless pre-authorised by the lease company.
    Knowing what lease companies are like, they will pay for the absolute minimum
    You might struggle to get them to agree to perform the brake fluid change and cambelt change
    Therefore, get a copy of the service schedule from the front section of the Service Book and/or dealership
    When I bought my car the dealership I use supplied me with a blank Service Sheet that applies to my vehicle and I now use that as a reference

The next problem is that the lease company is paying for the service, some dealerships won't release details of the work carried out and/or copy of the receipt
    So check this out to see if they will let you visually see the paperwork before they send it to the lease company

Finally, what will happen if the service discovers other work that is required?
    Who is going to be paying for this?

I fell out with my previous lease company
    Carrying out the weekly vehicle check and I found the front tyres were down to 1.7mm across the central three quarters of tread
    Reported it to them and they declined, advising to take the car to [named] outlet
    I took the car the following day and they agreed both front tyres were worn and by the time the tyres arrived the tyres would be down to 1.6mm
    Now, I only replace tyres on a like-for-like basis
    The tyres fitted were Michelin, however the lease company only wanted the cheapest tyres fitted
    Discussions went on with the lease company, and eventually they agreed to pay an additional £20 per tyre
    They sent me a letter disputing the requested replacement parts under the terms of the lease, however the sections they were referring to were complete nonsense
    Sufficed to say, when the lease ended that was the end of it!
    Their sales person tried the patter to renew the lease, but when I explained why the line went dead
    When handing the vehicles back they even tried to add costs for small chips, paint damage, and what is normal wear and tear
    Last edited by m8internet; 15th August 2011 at 22:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rich05uk View Post
    Cheers all for the advice, so how do I know if mine is the VVT engine or not?
    The way to tell is with the car stationary, engine running and bonnet open, press the accelerator and rev the engine to 2500 RPM - does it go "Vrooooooom" or does it instead go "Brmmmmmm" ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information