User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Court Summons!!!!! What a JOKE!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Court Summons!!!!! What a JOKE!!

What a joke- i was caught speeding back at the end of march doing 91mph on a duel carriageway racing some muppet in a civic who wouldnt leave my rear end alone when i was overtaking two lorries.

Now im not proud of the speed and i was fairly lucky to get away with 3pts and a 60squid fine. I didnt have the paper part of my licence on me and was asked to present it at my local station within 7 days as it "CLEARLY STATES" on the back of the ticket.

No problem at all till i got home and of course cant find my licence- so i rang the officer and and he said no worries just have a look for it and if you cant find it ring the police station and let them know. I still couldnt find it so i went to apply for a new one and low and behold it takes 14days to come. So i ring the statin and am told quote unquote that if i cant hand it in by tmr (the 7th day) it will go back into the hands of the officer to be dealt with. I ask to be put through to the switchboard so i can get in contact with him directly but im told in no uncertain terms it wont help.

So i take his word for it- big mistake- and leave it thinking its out of my hands and i will just have to accept whatever comes of it. Five months later i get the court summons throught the door after forgetting about the whole blimmin thing. Paid the fine alright as you can do that separately but still no licence. I was completely unaware the paper part was needed to put the points on- i thought it was all done by computer.

So i ring the prosecution service and am told i had up to 5weeks!!!!!! to hand it in!?!?!?!? How was i meant to know that- it states very clearly it must be handed in within 7days and thats before i get to what the tube at the station told me.

So now im probably going to be landed with double my original fine for time wasting + court expenses + double my points. All because some **** told me the wrong info. When i explained this to the prosecution service the simple response was... we hear that all the time!!!!!

Im 21 and dont have any convictions to my name- how the hell would i know i had five weeks when it doesnt tell me anywhere and ive been told by the "police station" it is out of my hands and i can do nothing more but hope the officer doesnt bring it to court?? What a joke!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry to hear that mate, i blame the civic!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : CDTI158

Year : 2012

as you've applied for the replacement licence, done all you could by the sound of it. the date of application for the replacement licence will be logged so if i've understood it right, there's nothing more to worry about. why they need to take it to court is a bit strange
    definitely were lucky to get away with 3pts for 91mph - that's usually 6pts

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpete View Post
    sorry to hear that mate, i blame the civic!
    To be honest mate i feel sorry for him- he lost his licence on the spot and ive a feeling the car went as well. He was on r plates for the second time after losing his licence once already and only had one plate up + he was driving uninsured and he was clocked at 98mph- enough to lose your licence as it is. So i got away fairly lightly in comparison.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    as you've applied for the replacement licence, done all you could by the sound of it. the date of application for the replacement licence will be logged so if i've understood it right, there's nothing more to worry about. why they need to take it to court is a bit strange
    definitely were lucky to get away with 3pts for 91mph - that's usually 6pts
    Ah now comes my downfall- i never applied for a new one- i know it sounds ridiculous but i honestly thought there was no point. I had no idea it was needed ( i thought i was more a formality then necessity) and had already been told that there was nothing more i could do. So why the need to pay money for a new paper part there and then considering i had already paid £60. In addition im an architecture student and i was 8weeks into a 12week project which was my most important to date. When i was told to leave i literally did just that- i left it.

Yeh it shouldve been hence why im gutted as im sure the judge will up it to 6pts

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by GrantAbs7 View Post
    To be honest mate i feel sorry for him- he lost his licence on the spot and ive a feeling the car went as well. He was on r plates for the second time after losing his licence once already and only had one plate up + he was driving uninsured and he was clocked at 98mph- enough to lose your licence as it is. So i got away fairly lightly in comparison.
    ah well count yourself lucky then

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpete View Post
    ah well count yourself lucky then
    I did.. until the court summons... sigh

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

To be honest you know you done wrong, will you do it again? Well that's for your discression. As for the driver of the Civic, I know the type - ***** is the word which springs to mind. Glad he lost his license.

You have been misfed information, and 'we hear that all the time' is not an answer. Ask them why you were not told about the 5 weeks; tbh that is odd. I have had a speeding ticket and was told be the officer dealing with it if I didn't pay up with my license presented to the court within 28days I would be summoned to court.

If you want my advice, m8internet seems to be clued up legally.

On the more important note, you say you had to focus on that 12 week project which was very important to you. It so important that you were thinking how important your education is, and how it would affect yout future. Tom me it sounds like you were stressed about the 12 week project and you acted out of character; in forgetting about that license paper which ultimately compared to you education, was not foremost on your mind. But that is my opinion.

The next time one of these dafties turn up - no matter what they are in - let them go.
    Last edited by GazVXLINE170; 13th August 2011 at 00:03.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2t

Trim : standard

Engine : z20net

Year : 08

Mileage : 32000

I got caught speeding,36 in a 50 zone...3 points n £60..until i couldnt produce my driving liecence,was waiting for a photo id from DVLC. It came the day AFTER i recieved a £460 fine,and that was with a £110 discount for pleading guilty!!..ohh n i got 4 points as well.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by GrantAbs7 View Post
    i was fairly lucky to get away with 3pts and a 60squid fine. I didnt have the paper part of my licence on me and was asked to present it at my local station within 7 days as it "CLEARLY STATES" on the back of the ticket
    You were initially offered a Fixed Penalty (FPN) and the time limit is stated on the back of the ticket (28 days)

The officer also issued you with a producer, and wanted to actually see your driving licence (obviously was unable to check via PNC at the time of the offence)
    This has a 7 day time limit, if the driving licence is not produced then the officer can report a separate offence of no driving licence and/or insurance
    However, he had probably since carried this out and was satisifed all was in order hence the assurances you received

Normally if you accept a FPN but fail to include you driving licence then you are issued with a separate request to provide it within 14 days, and this is where the 5 weeks comes from
    You can however apply to the court and advise you are unable to find it, the court will then apply to the DVLA for a copy (some courts add this cost to your case)
    There is a known loophole here, where people apply for a replacement driving licence before the court case, but such that it is received after the court case, but normally the DVLA will send a letter requesting it be returned to them within 14 days or it will be revoked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information