0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Angry Weird.....

Ok so im my pursuit of retrofitting factory foglights I got around to fitting a fusebox that supported front foglights. No issue there swapped over in less than 10 minutes. So I head over to the guy I know with Tech2 to activate them. So hook tech2 up, activate the fogs and the GID tells us to check foglight on the left and right as if the bulb is blown but I know both bulbs are fine. Indicator on dash works ok but for some reason the canbus system thinks the bulbs are blown and the foglights dont work. Looking at the side of the new fuse box and the date on it is 09/04 so more than likely its full can and my car is half can, could this be the issue?

Ok it gets better. My headlight washers aren't working with this "New" fusebox either so I decided to swap back to my original fuse box. So 10minutes later its swapped back, i go to check everything and set the windows, stereo and check the headlight washers but the car wont start, nothing, range showing Zero on the GID and the steering wheel symbol on the dash. So go and check all the connections in the fusebox, and #17 at end of dash too, all ok, all fuses fully pushed in and all relays in fully too. Yup panic sets in!!!!!!! So I decide to swap back the "new" fusebox and the car starts fine. Swap old fusebox back again just to be sure its not working and yup car wont start. "New" one refitted again. So looks like a trip to U Pull tomorrow to see if I can get another fusebox and take it from there........Thing is I have taken the old fusebox apart and all there is is PCB and 2 small black modules in there. Is it possible that when reconnecting the battery(I only disconnected the short live lead to the fusebox at both ends) that one of the small black modules has shorted out and prevented the car from starting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

****** od m8, but I think the moment batteries and fuesboxes are removed from the car, the gremlins seem to awake.

Either way the problem is most likely the fusebox if the car is starting ok.

As for the canbus system I did say - avoid wiring and activating lights into it's bulb check system. Mine has decided to pop the passenger bulb. ****** irritating. Thing is I have never had those fogs on since I changed them to the SRI style ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Dynamic

Engine : 1.6 turbo

Year : 2019

Mileage : 44000

Well you headlight washers do work on the new one... but they changed the way it was working.. atleast for modelyear 2006, where it made the complete facelift.. (the popout washers...) the preface makes 2 pulses.. where on facelift only one..

No i wouldt belive its the new UEC thats the problem on your car with the bulb blown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yea starting to think that way too Gazza.

Kenp thought that washers were activated in the BCM though not the UEC? As for the bulbs well they are not blown that's the weird thing. Looks like im gonna give up with the full retrofit of the fogs tbh, its annoying. What about the car not starting with the old UEC fitted? Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nope washers is also in the UEC.

It sounds strange.. but did you fit the new UEC before the tech2 was on the car? if no maby the tech guy had the old one resat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes new UEC was fitted before the Tech2 was on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Humm then it sounds strange that it wont work with the old one.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok mate update time.

I also noticed today that my wipers were only working on intermittent and position 1, when you clicked to position 2 they wouldn't move. Decided to have another look today and by luck decided to have a look at the facelift manual and the list of fuses, low and behold thats the problem, the fusebox is defiantly a facelift one. Headlight washers are position 14 on preface and position 13 on facelift. When I swapped over 7.5 amp fuse in position 13 on facelift fusebox it had blown due to the load the washers drew. There are also 2 fuses for the wipers, 1 must be for intermittent/pos 1 and one for position 2, where on the preface they are together, number 10 and 11, on the facelift fusebox they are number 10 and 22, bl00dy VX!! That still dont explain how the old fuse box has gone from working though.

So back to square 1 im afraid, still looking for a preface fuse box from an SRi,GSi, Elite. Ill get this foglight Mularkey cracked at some point

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Ok mate update time.

I also noticed today that my wipers were only working on intermittent and position 1, when you clicked to position 2 they wouldn't move. Decided to have another look today and by luck decided to have a look at the facelift manual and the list of fuses, low and behold thats the problem, the fusebox is defiantly a facelift one. Headlight washers are position 14 on preface and position 13 on facelift. When I swapped over 7.5 amp fuse in position 13 on facelift fusebox it had blown due to the load the washers drew. There are also 2 fuses for the wipers, 1 must be for intermittent/pos 1 and one for position 2, where on the preface they are together, number 10 and 11, on the facelift fusebox they are number 10 and 22, bl00dy VX!! That still dont explain how the old fuse box has gone from working though.

So back to square 1 im afraid, still looking for a preface fuse box from an SRi,GSi, Elite. Ill get this foglight Mularkey cracked at some point
    I hope you do bud, seems Vx have made sure it would be difficult to swap stuff about. Why not just keep everything the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers mate, these things, as they say, are sent to try us On a "plus" side, im learning more and more everyday on my quest for factory fitted front fog lights Been cheaper just buying an Sri, but where's the fun in that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information