User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: a damn good idea.

  1. #1
    Regular Member Al 22 dti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    pontefract
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 57 zafira 1.9 cdti design

    Trim : design

    Engine : 1.9 cdti

    Year : 2008

    Default a damn good idea.

    take benefits off rioters and i couldnt agree more...

    sign the petition.. i did

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14474429

    al.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats


    Trim : SXi

    Engine : 2.2


    Default

    I agree with it in principle however....taking their benefits means they have no money which means they will turn to crime to get the money for what they need and will increase stealing and violent crime. That means more police time is spent tracking that and the paperwork involved which takes coppers off the streets where it has become evident we need them.

    Sounds good in principle but reality its a no goer IMHO

    Now getting the convicted people to clean up the streets and scrub walls help repair what they destroyed and make them work a solid 12hour day for the same benefits would work and thats what should be happening.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Al 22 dti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    pontefract
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 57 zafira 1.9 cdti design

    Trim : design

    Engine : 1.9 cdti

    Year : 2008

    Default

    or both.... something needs doing however.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    taking their benefits means they have no money which means they will turn to crime to get the money for what they need and will increase stealing and violent crime.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I don't agree with that argument, that if they're poorer they'll steal more - they'll steal anyway if that's their nature and if they think they can get away with it. Plus if it was true, you could never fine anyone. They should indeed have all state assistance taken away.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats


    Trim : SXi

    Engine : 2.2


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    I don't agree with that argument, that if they're poorer they'll steal more - they'll steal anyway if that's their nature and if they think they can get away with it. Plus if it was true, you could never fine anyone. They should indeed have all state assistance taken away.
    If they have NO money coming in at all and can't afford to eat I would gurantee you would see a rise in crime. What else would they do? You work I presume? You lose your job have no money and got kids to feed. For whatever reason you can't get benefits. Would you think I won't steal to feed my family because I'm a law abiding citizen?

    Regardless of what we think of these rioters causing another area of tension by removing their benefits is asking for more trouble. Hard labour making them work and FORCING them to work is the answer. Give them a broom and kick them out into the streets and make them clean them

  7. #7
    Regular Member Al 22 dti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    pontefract
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 57 zafira 1.9 cdti design

    Trim : design

    Engine : 1.9 cdti

    Year : 2008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    Hard labour making them work and FORCING them to work is the answer. Give them a broom and kick them out into the streets and make them clean them
    agreed.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    north east
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    1000 hours community service for each act of vandalism would be a good start.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Grumpy1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Newport (Shropshire)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Ford Kuga

    Trim : Titanium

    Engine : 2.0dtci

    Year : 2014

    Mileage : 1200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    I agree with it in principle however....taking their benefits means they have no money which means they will turn to crime to get the money for what they need and will increase stealing and violent crime. That means more police time is spent tracking that and the paperwork involved which takes coppers off the streets where it has become evident we need them.

    Sounds good in principle but reality its a no goer IMHO

    Now getting the convicted people to clean up the streets and scrub walls help repair what they destroyed and make them work a solid 12hour day for the same benefits would work and thats what should be happening.
    Making them work hard, in a gang is a problem. Friend of mine observed community punishment people working recently, no interest in doing a good job, doubt if paying them minimum wage would encourage them much.
    If they put as much effort into trying to do things as they put into finding reasons they can't get up off their backsides, they might actually achieve something other than destruction.

  10. #10
    Full Member lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    southampton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    national service imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Good idea / Bad idea......?
    By david.aka.judas in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 3rd September 2009, 09:09
  2. Damn Good shot
    By SteveH in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th August 2009, 22:32
  3. the idea was good
    By Lump in forum Quick Photo Album
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd November 2008, 10:40
  4. superchip good idea or bad idea
    By lewrymyster in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 3rd July 2008, 19:14
  5. superchip good idea or bad idea
    By lewrymyster in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th June 2008, 19:09

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •