Thread: Speed Camera Detectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Speed Camera Detectors

Since fitting the tuning box etc , I was thinking about getting a detector.

Edging towards one of these Snooper S6-R Neo GPS Laser and Radar Detector

Anyone used / have one or have any thoughts on it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Insignia

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2011

nope, would not dare having one... if you're caught with it over here, you'll loose the car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the SR6 is a bit on the big side had one in my last car, worked ok, got the origin B2 in the vectra much smaller, moe bits on it and 100% spot on, never let me down, also you can link the target LRC range of laser jammers to block the camera vans as well

the jammers ar not legal i belive, but they are sold as remote gate openers, never heard of anyone getting done for having one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was under the impression that due to the recent amendment to the road traffic act, that these units can stil be used as long as the laser device is deactivated.

Otherwise all gps sat nav units sold with speed camera locations installed would be illegal. If this is the case why are so many high street retailers sellig them ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0cdti 160bhp

Year : 2010

Mileage : 92274

Quote Originally Posted by Rodnoc
    Since fitting the tuning box etc , I was thinking about getting a detector.

Edging towards one of these Snooper S6-R Neo GPS Laser and Radar Detector

Anyone used / have one or have any thoughts on it ?
    they have a good guarantee (5 years if subscription kept going)and apart from being unable to update(computer probs)they are good BUT i wouldnt buy a laser detector as there is a posibility that laser/radar detectors may be made illegal,gps based units are ok and if gps only are legal in some european countries,snooper has now stopped making any new models with laser/radar detection due to the possible new laws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had the original road angel with the laserball, worked off GPS and the laserball was supposed to pick up a laser detector gun, never had one pointed at me to find out if it worked. Think the ones that actually detect radar are better but more prone to false alarms or the snooper one I borrowed off my Dad seemed to go off about every 15mins on the motorway for no apperant reason.
    I mow have a road angel navigator sat nav which works the same way as my original one by GPS for all the speed cameras and needs updating on the net for a fee every now and then. Only downside is it doesn't detect mobile cameras or have a 'laserball'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

most of the speed safety systems have add on laser units so if they are outlawed then they can easily be removed (snooper S6 and Origin B2 do).

Saying that laser detectors are a waste of money as the will only tell you when a signal has been detected, as the units used are of a very narrow band there is little / no scatter for the unit to pick up on so if it goes off due to a genuine speed gun then its 99% sure its your car thats just been targeted.

The GPS camera locators are legal, the reason being is the local authorities are only allowed to station speed cameras at proven accident black spots, all the Snooper does is to warn you when you are approaching a blackspot and also remind you of your speed and the speed limit on the road, as an extra measure most add schools and accident black spots (with no cameras on that road) saying that these areas are normally covered by the camera vans so you get some form of warning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0cdti 160bhp

Year : 2010

Mileage : 92274

Quote Originally Posted by jonnye
    most of the speed safety systems have add on laser units so if they are outlawed then they can easily be removed (snooper S6 and Origin B2 do).

Saying that laser detectors are a waste of money as the will only tell you when a signal has been detected, as the units used are of a very narrow band there is little / no scatter for the unit to pick up on so if it goes off due to a genuine speed gun then its 99% sure its your car thats just been targeted.
    on a snooper s6 you cannot remove the radar detector,it is part of the unit,they are being sold on the continent without the radar detector to be legal over there,origin b2 does have a seperate radar detector as it was designed with a future change of law,the snooper s6 has a 60% accuracy due to the laser receiver being inside the car,a good operator who can hit the front no plate every time(flat surface) will not set off the snooper or any unit with an internal radar detector,the origin b2 is the better unit but costs more and has a time to target timer as well as distance (snooper only has distance) so is better due to being able to give an earlier warning to slow down
    i sell both units the snooper and origin and can still get either if i want to and i have a snooper,also the snooper s6 is ideal for motorcycles as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My s6 had another unit which was mounted in the front grill that did Laser and radar, the s6 unit can be mounted under the dash as it has a gps ariel on a lead (as does my B2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mate of mine has the Road Angel Plus,he says its very good.Small & compact,static camera detection with built in laser protection.Cost him £200ish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information