Carterton, but.....I walk a lonely road the only road i have ever known
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Thinking Big, Thinking Transplant

Right here's the basic sketch guys, Currently have a 1.9CDTI (120) vetra facelift estate. Hopefully getting out to the sunny place they call afghan Im going to save like a mad man. thinking id have in the region of 3-4G to spend on the car. Now i will have more savings if absolutley neccesary but hoping to have an engine transplant for this budget, Im not too sure what to go for but after meeting some of the lads im hoping for an eventual 290ish pony's (and a nice lil sticker that ive spotted for the back ) But anyways whats your thought guys?

Am i aiming at a realistic budget? what engine?? anyone done this sort of thing before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Would it not just be easier to sell your car and put the 3-4 grand towards another one with a different engine?? Seems a bit mad really but you do what you want

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

With that money in hand mate, you'd be much better off simply changing the car itself. You'll have to fit a diesel, and so your choices will be either the 1.9 150 or the 3.0 V6. I odn't think it would be feasible to fit a petrol engine, and the 3.0 diesel has a different fuelling system than the 4 pots.

Simply put, you're opening up yourself to a world of hurt and expense by trying it...

If it's power you're after, get a 2.8 Turbo petrol Signum or Vec Elite and map the hell out of it. it'll be a lot cheaper, and a lot more reliable, than trying to transplant a full canbus engine...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...42yx?logcode=p

Colour is dependant on taste, but it's got the engine, 19" snowflakes, AFL and a few other options too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

First of all have fun iut there lol.

As said be easier to get a different car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i know it be easier but a motto of mines is if it was easy evryone would be doing it. I have a sick fantasy where i pull up in my visibly slightly tinted estate (even thinking of leaving the 1.9cdti badge on) beside a done to the balls saxo or a cocky focus ST giving them a slight smile and whooooosh of i go loll the 3.0v6 does sound fun and i know ive limited myself by choosing the diesel

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by paddyvectra View Post
    i know it be easier but a motto of mines is if it was easy evryone would be doing it. I have a sick fantasy where i pull up in my visibly slightly tinted estate (even thinking of leaving the 1.9cdti badge on) beside a done to the balls saxo or a cocky focus ST giving them a slight smile and whooooosh of i go loll the 3.0v6 does sound fun and i know ive limited myself by choosing the diesel
    Also, the 3.0 is about 185bhp standard and generally can't be tuned. It risks blowing the fuel pump with is 3 grand straight off, and you'd have to change so much else the costs would just spiral and you'd probably be left without a car at all...

As for it being an estate, there are a few out there (non-VXR) such as this one, which is already in black...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...42yx?logcode=p

I'm all for doing something different because it hasn't been done before, but some projects are just not a good idea to begin with mate. Bearing in mind also that 4 months in Afghan will see prices come down even more too...

As a fellow blue-suiter, I would heartily recommend simply changing the car and spending the rest of the cash on modding it up. Even a 500 squid remap will see it pushing out 280bhp with no other mods...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

Well anything is possible mate if you throw enough money at it lol.

V6 is a great car. I love mine. How ever people say the fuel pumps dont take kindly to tuning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I think the others are right, you'd get more power faster changing cars, but if you're set on it I think, iirc from past threads, the 1.9 "150" is easier to remap than the V6 with better results. Sure if I'm wrong, someone will be on to say so.
    Personally, I love stealth cars. I've debadged mine and am in process of fitting twin exhausts so no-one will know for sure what it is. As soon as SWMBO is distracted I'll be looking for a remap.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

4months??? i aint RAF mate 6-7month loll The whole idea of this post is to get peoples honest opinions before as you say i bite off more than i can chew. its just one idea of many in my mental little mind and i really hate them chavvy little C***S in there corsa's and saxo's loll

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had the smaller engine tried a turbo transplant and by the time you consider all the other cost factors ... wear on engine /gearbox/fuel pump/ engine management / larger brakes /better suspensionetc the list goes on and on

..... yep it was far cheaper to return my inital project to standard ... sell the car ... the bits i had purchased and then get a 2.8v6t and get it mapped... staight away i was where i initially intended on being ... its still a sleeper and leaves most in its wake scratching their respective heads thinking what the .......???

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information