0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : saab 95

Engine : 2.3t

Year : 2006

Default veiws on new cameras

just watched news i c they on about puttin cameras at junctions with the yellow boxes in to catch law breakers £100 fine too.
    and prob extend it to other areas like bus lanes and stop signs its just getting worse just another money making scheme.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

While I find it annoying that ppl block the box zones, I think £100 fine is extreme.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have mixed views.... I'm all for it if they will increase driver awareness and make people pay more attention to their driving.... on the other hand, the camera's don't have the discretion that a bobby can apply... I'll only give a ticket for most offences if I think it is the only way that the person will learn, I let most people off with a warning for things like seat belts and parking offences... the only thing I ticket for every time is mobile phones.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Jamie I salute you. That is the kind of view I like to see in any officer of the law

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, you're moving in the right direction J, agree with the phones bit as well, 9 outta 10 X I see that it's...... I've got loads of money I'm so important in my 4x4 that never sees mud attitude.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

People stopping on the yellow boxes do cause problems with traffic flow at busy junctions, but I don’t think blame is always black and white (it needs to have the input of a knowledgeable person to review the build up to incident – and make a judgement call).

Rather than a camera it may be better to have CCTV (with supporting recognition software) rather than a automated camera. That way the clips of offenders could be sent to competent people for review before the fine is raised.

I don’t see how this can be treated with the same black and white decision that works for speed cameras or red light cameras.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its frustrating that some drivers dont know the principle of the yellow box....If cameras can be seen to improve driver awareness on this issue, then o.k....but if its another money making scheme..(which it most likely is..) then no thanks...

remember you can enter a yellow box if you want to turn right and oncoming traffic is stopping you from doing so......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

very sensible view from jamie just reading the other thread about old drivers and the one driving at 10 mph. irecall a case in my area a few years ago very similar to this and the driver got a ticket but i cant remember the actual offence, but i'm sure there is one if he is causing a danger by not keeping up with traffic??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

I do agree that there is a problem with people not following the rules and causing problems as a result but I don't think snap and fine methods work.

Take speeding, people don't go slower because of cameras on the road, we all know that, most people have speeded at some time or another. Yes people slow down for cameras but it just means that they are devoting a portion of there limited attention, to looking for cameras. That means they aren't paying as much attention to the road and their surroundings. How much time do you spend looking at the speedo instead of the road to makesure you aren't 5 miles over the limit?

I've been driving around in a pile of poo while mine cars being repaired and it doesn't have cruise control. I've found myself speeding inadvertently on a regular basis, it's so easy and as a result I'm having to spend more time watching the speedo.

Eduction is the most important part improving safety. At work we have posters up every where and we have to watch videos and goto breifings. They don't just walk into the work place with a camera, snap a few pics of people who are not doing things right and send them a fine!?! Safety would not go up because the people don't know any better still but productivity would go down.

I know full well from experiance that people don't look in their mirros or over their shoulder or stop when they should or give way where they should. The only way to really improve safety on our roads it to make people take the test. Anyone who never took a writen test should have to take one. When you get caught offending (i.e. speeding) instead of a fine, you should have to take a refresher test (obviously repeat offenders should be delt with accordingly) and if you can't pass then buy buy licence.

People will say "you can't do that, people depend on their cars, you could ruin someones life. What's more it's their right to drive". Well tough! A car is a weapon, plain and simple. You wouldn't give a gun to someone who didn't know how to use it would you?

My thoughs, only but I think education works much better than threatening. Not that punishment should be taken away, it just shouldn't be the first option.

Thread Information