Thread: Formula 1/2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rob warrington View Post
    apparently most of the f1 teams are happy with the decision as they will make more money
    Not so much make more money, but guarantees the existing level of revenue
    Shows how dependent on commercial decisions the sport is

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

BBC believes the 'half coverage' represents 'good value for money for license fee payers'!!

Dear mr bingham

Thanks for contacting us regarding the BBC's rights to broadcast future seasons of 'Formula One'.

We understand you are unhappy that the BBC won't be showing all races in future seasons due to the sharing of broadcast rights with Sky.

We know that Formula 1 has an extremely passionate following in the UK and that some fans will be disappointed that not all races will be available exclusively live on the BBC from next season.

We are operating in a very tough financial climate and in common with all areas of the BBC, BBC Sport is having to make significant cost savings over the next few years in order to operate within the constraints of the licence fee settlement, therefore we have to make some difficult choices.

We believe this deal represents good value for money for licence fee payers. We retain live coverage of half of the race weekends and we will have extended highlights of the remaining races so we are pleased that all of the action from Formula 1 for the next seven seasons will remain on BBC television. Online coverage of the race weekends that we broadcast will remain the same, and we will carry all the news and reports from the rest of the season. Radio coverage will not change whilst the most popular races - the British Grand Prix, the Monaco Grand Prix and the final race of the season will continue to be broadcast live on BBC One.

We would like to assure you that we’ve registered your complaint on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are made available across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia sport tourer 2.0 CDTi

Trim : /Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2014

Mileage : 34900

At least you had a reply chewy they did not eithen bother to reply to me even though i requested one
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If your as hacked off as i am sign this
    www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/keepf1onthebbc
    Dont know if it will make any difference though but worth a try and if you like comment here too
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sportedit....html#comments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Aidi View Post
    Just read this on BBC Website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9550930.stm

Looks like those who do not have Sky Sports will only be able to watch 1/2 of next seasons races on BBC!

BBC and Sky are saying its the way forward. Wonder how much Sky are going to charge to watch the races on a Pay per View basis?

Rgds
    Aidi

Wonder which half, start or finish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : CDTI160

Year : 2012

I think they mean ~nine full races will be shown, out of the nineteen in total.
    Better than nothing I suppose, but will probably miss the best ones - sod's law.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It seems to me (from the Whitmarsh interview last Sunday) that the teams are of the assumption that the BBC will continue showing all the races in their entirety, just that half will be delayed by a few hours or so due to Sky have exclusive live rights to all the races.. Thats what he said, thats what he believes. I guess its because of the Concorde agreement... However, the BBC are saying "extended highlights" for the races they're not broadcasting live... So the teams are of the belief the races will continue to be on FTA in their entirety (as thats the agreement) but the BBC say different..

It'll never happen, I know.. The BBC will never allocate 2 hours or so of Air time to a non live event that was already screened elsewhere... It will never get the viewing figures to justify it... Or, they'll give it a go, realise viewing figures are pathetically small then cut the highlights to a 30 minute show..

No, the BBC highlights aint gonna be worth thinking about, true fans will be forced to Sky, and probably stick with that from there on... (cause I bet when Brundle & co get waved the bundles of cash by Sky, they'll be over there)

For me, the solution is going to be probably watching it on a european FTA satellite channel, probably RTL or some french channel, whilst listening to 5 live audio..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information