Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile Another CD70 question

First post: -

I’ve just brought a CD70 and the widescreen graphic display from a 2008 Vectra-C to fit into my 2007 Zafira with a CD30 mpg and one of those terrible 3 line yellow “choppy” displays.

It came with the video lead and was still married to the Vectra (got the car pass).

I wired it in using the existing wiring (not fitted as screen to big so just taped to dash) and it worked straight off (except the GPS antenna) which I could not locate in the Zafira wiring loom however all of my trip computer functions do not now work.
    Questions: -

Is there a plastic bezel for a Zafira that will accommodate the Vectra-C screen?
    In order to get the trip computer data to the screen will I have to divorce both units and then marry them to my Zaf?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi

I cant help you with the bezel information.

But.........

Here's what I did with my CD30 to CD70 upgrade

Maplins GPS antennae and socket adaptor the Zafira probably wont have the GPS unit or wiring installed.

You will have to Tech 2 or Vaux-com the unit into the car if its not been divorced correctly from the donor car.

I used Vaux-com to do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by dholbon View Post
    Is there a plastic bezel for a Zafira that will accommodate the Vectra-C screen?...
    As the CD70 is also fitted to the Zafira, there must be. Can't imagine there being a different screen between car models. The CD70 is exactly the same too, apart from a cosmetic change with the front panel being different in the Zafira/Astra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

The screens are different as I wanted an Astra one but they aren't the same also the unit won't be able to be divorced as it needs to be in the doner car but there are companies that can reset the CD70 to delivery mode for a price, look on ebay, you will need a different screen for it to work though I am fairly sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the reply C-Owner.

I already got a GPS Ariel from Maplin (the GPS Patch Antenna) but it did not work. However I attached the correct plug (a CO-STAR GPS FAKRA) blue connector part number FC-GPS-F174 but I wonder if the connection was good as it came with a very small pin, a metal sleeve and a plastic blue bit.

It’s not been divorced at all but I was lead to believe that this would still work. The steering wheel controls work, radio works, Navi (with the above GPS issue) works, but no trip computer.

I am waiting for an Op-Com and software to arrive and will then try zeroing the CD70 security and putting mine in… will this work do you think?

As far as the bezel goes I will try purchasing the Vauxhall CID one for a ZAF and modify it as the display is a bit wider.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I also believe the screens are all different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by paulhb View Post
    The screens are different as I wanted an Astra one but they aren't the same also the unit won't be able to be divorced as it needs to be in the doner car but there are companies that can reset the CD70 to delivery mode for a price, look on ebay, you will need a different screen for it to work though I am fairly sure.
    The CID screen is married to the CD70, I was told not to un-marry it but that if the board computer was not displayed then to change only the CD70 security not the screen, why I don’t know.

The CID screen (GM 2446127, Siemens VDO 5WK70093 HWD4TSW59 1068) for some strange reason again I was told only needs to be married to the CD70, not the car.

I’m even more confused now.

Mind you I was confused before!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the reply C-Owner.

It’s not been divorced at all but I was lead to believe that this would still work. The steering wheel controls work, radio works, Navi (with the above GPS issue) works, but no trip computer.

I am waiting for an Op-Com and software to arrive and will then try zeroing the CD70 security and putting mine in… will this work do you think?

As far as the bezel goes I will try purchasing the Vauxhall CID one for a ZAF and modify it as the display is a bit wider.
    The divorcing process won't work because it needs to be in the doner vehicle and connected to the modules in that car ECU to be able to be put into delivery mode, the radio will work as will the sat nav but it wont talk to the rest of the cars electronics because it needs to be paired to it, Vx do this to stop people stealing units and putting them in another car.
    As for the display bezel or not it won't fit as they are different displays

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The CID screen is married to the CD70, I was told not to un-marry it but that if the board computer was not displayed then to change only the CD70 security not the screen, why I don’t know.

The CID screen (GM 2446127, Siemens VDO 5WK70093 HWD4TSW59 1068) for some strange reason again I was told only needs to be married to the CD70, not the car.

I’m even more confused now.

Mind you I was confused before!
    The screen and HU are already paired and thats why they work but the HU won't be able to communicate to the rest of the car because it is not paired to the ECU etc You will need to look on ebay and pay someone to reset the HU to delivery mode even Vx won't be able to reset it for you with Tech 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by paulhb View Post
    The screen and HU are already paired and thats why they work but the HU won't be able to communicate to the rest of the car because it is not paired to the ECU etc You will need to look on ebay and pay someone to reset the HU to delivery mode even Vx won't be able to reset it for you with Tech 2
    I have the donor cars car pass with all the details on it for the vehicle, does this make any difference?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information