We've got the customer's Navy on board Maintainer on site at the moment getting some maintainer Training on our kit....It hasn't gone well as large parts of the technical documentation is very poor. Many people have been pointing this out for some time but nothing been done.

This afternoon I get a phone call from an Irate RN maintainer demanding that I go down to the training rigs and answer some questions on our kit. Oh Oh I think and done a flak jacket. Get down there and am greeted with a barrage of abuse about how cr@p this and that is by the customer AND our trainers who are supposed to be colleagues!!!!

Anyway the questions were not in my area of knowledge which set them off even more! After a five minute slangin match finally said enough's enough an left. Went trawling through old emails and found out the pr@tt who was the most mouthy culprit had asked the exact same questions 2 years ago...Had been sent an email giving the answer and had it sent again in January this year!!!

Its one thing to have some one talk to you like dirt when your in the wrong...but to have a customer have a go while Goded by colleagues about a field that is not my responsibility is not on...and I've made sure the relevent people know how I feel..

I would not speak to anyone in that manor in any situation let alone in the professional environment

Rant over!