User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just what is it with some people?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

Default Just what is it with some people?

Rant time!

Been on holiday for the past 2 and a bit weeks in Australia and the Cook Islands. Came back through to Heathrow as normal to get on the flight to Manchester. Every other airport I'd been to before had been lovely and the people welcoming with a slight exclusion of a very rude customs officer in Los Angeles. That includes Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, Sydney, Australia and Hong Kong. All were full of lovely people that were very pleasent.

Then we got to Heathrow and Manchester.

Wow what a change. What is it with people in this country? In London we had to go down to gate 8 in terminal 1. Off we tottered to find where we had to go and wait the hour or so with a coffee until the gate opened. Now on the off chance you're familiar with gate 8D, then you'll know it isn't THAT small. There is plenty of seating available for anyone down there.

So explain to me the reason as to why (when me and the mother were the only two people at the gate) a family of 5 decided to come and sit all squashed up on the same row of seats as us (when there was only 6 seats in the first place... you do the maths there). It's an entirely empty gate apart from the 7 of us, do you HAVE to be right next to the desk so you can get on first?

10 minutes later, another group arrive. 2 from said group demand to get on the plane now and we're almost shouting at the poor bloke behind the desk when he told them the plane wasn't ready. Apparently because they could see it outside means they should be able to get on it. This was at about 7:15am and the gate wasn't supposed to open for another 10 minutes.

A certain member of their family decided to have a run around with a couple of other kids that had turned up but their parents had sat on the other side. As said child was running around, it dawned in his little mind that it would be fun to jump onto my bag that was lying on the floor next to me. This bag contained amongst passports and boarding passes, a camera and a laptop with the bits that come with. Luckily he only did it once because his mother told him to come over to her. Unfortunately he did not get a bollocking for jumping on other peoples property, she asked him if he wanted a drink.

Ok I'll let that one slide, he looked about 8 and was very excited. However there is now a big scrape in the lid of the laptop where he has caught the charger and forced it onto the lid. Luckily the screen is ok and the camera is too.

Anyway, back to the family forced in next to me.

For some unknown reason, I didn't get up and move out the way. Maybe it was lack of energy. Who knows. Anyway, little Rashid as his father kept calling him (about 13 at a guess) was messing with something and kept elbowing me in the ribs. Through the daydreams the thought of throwing little Rashid out the window head first crossed my mind for a second but was soon left when the shouty people from before decided to go back to the desk to see if the plane was ready to board yet. As expected, he was told no because it was only 20 past and the plane wasn't ready. For some reason in his little mind that was not acceptable and resulted in the very disheartened looking bloke behind the desk being called something under his breath and angrily storming off.

Eventually, the flight was ready to board and was full. By the time we were ready to go more people had turned up. The guy at the desk called for people with priority cards to come up first. Amazingly, nearly the entire room got up. My tired brain was trying to work this out. Does not compute. How can 75% of the plane be first class? Anyway, me and the mother remained seated as the FOUR people with priority tickets were let through and everyone else was sent back to their seats. Finally we were called on.

Over the tarmac we go. To the steps to get on-board. It seemed one of the lovely people with a big voice before was deeply unhappy that his baggage was too big for the overhead locker and would have to go in the hold. He wanted to put it down by his feet instead. I resisted the urge to tell him that if it doesn't go in the overhead locker, then I highly doubt it'll fit under a seat. And besides, that is where your feet go. Where are you going to put those? Stop being a tool and put it in the hold.

Right, on-board and ready to sleep. Being awake for 35 hours had rather done me in somewhat. But nooooo. After the safety brief which I always feel I should listen to, even in that current state of mind I was going to forget most of it anyway, little Rashid who was sitting opposite me (seat config was 1 seat on the left, aisle, two on the right) kept taking his seatbelt off. 3 times the flight attendant told him to put it back on. Which he did, and promptly took off again when he'd gone. What did mum and dad say to him? Nothing at all.

40 minutes later, we're in Manchester. Guess who didn't have their seatbelt on for landing? Unfortunately there was no large jolt that would make him headbutt the seat in front much to my dismay and the attendant didn't notice. Anyway, off we taxi to our stand at which point we are told to keep the seatbelts on until the captain has turned off the signs. One millisecond after we halted, the belts were off. I think the flight attendant had lost the plot by then because with quite a harsh manner he told everyone to buckle up again or they won't be getting off which got quite a chuckle from those of us who had not moved. The joy of seeing the look on those faces.

Anyway, seatbelt lights off and we're almost ready to go. I take mine off but stay sitting because everyone else has got up at lightspeed to get their stuff from the lockers and make a lovely queue waiting for the door. 5 minutes pass and I'm getting quite sick of being elbowed in the face by the (sorry to be blunt) fat woman with a real body odour problem next to me and kindly ask her if she can take a step back because she keeps hitting me. My lovely reply was a snotty no and her not looking at me again. Ok. At this point I was thinking of what awful things could be done to her with an in-flight magazine and safety card but all of a sudden we were allowed off. Nobody that I saw mentioned a thanks to the two cabin crew who had done their best with everyone.

Off we go to reclaim the baggage and meet our taxi. Picked our two (rather heavy) cases up and made our way to the exit. Except we couldn't get out because the group of morons standing in front of us like sheep in a daze had somehow managed to block the entire way past. A couple of people moved to let us and the others with bags through but the rest just stood there fixated by the belt. A quick excuse me got a few more to move a little but there was still not enough room to get two big cases through. Carried them through instead. By accident I clipped someones leg with the end of mine as I walked past. Turned round quickly to see if I'd hurt them and was met with a lovely deep scowl when I said sorry. I resisted the urge to tell them if they'd moved 2 steps backwards then the people that went through in front, me, and the people behind wouldn't be having to try and fight big bulky cases through a crowd.

Finally we were out, met the taxi and went home.

Why do people behave like this? Discipline your children so they know what is right and wrong and what will get them in the ****. If you're told something, then accept it. They're not going to open a gate 10 minutes early because you shouted at them. If your moron son doesn't put on his seatbelt because he thinks he's being rebellious (teenage thing?) tell him he's a moron and to put his belt on properly because if he doesn't he won't be flying again. If you can obviously see you're causing an obstruction, then be decent and do something about it! How can you feel good about yourself by making everyone else's life hard when there's a real simple solution?

I'm by no means perfect but come on, people like this do my head in. They're everything wrong with the modern world.

Rant over and breathe...

VIP-Member
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : `

Trim : `

Engine : `

Year : `

Mileage : `

You never said if you had a good holiday?
    "We are not some sort of dictatorship!"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

Year : 2008

I work in the travel industry bud and see this every day I'm at work so I hear you
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post

You never said if you had a good holiday?

I did, thanks.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Sounds about right for UK these days. I agree with you on pretty much all of it, but sadly don't see anything changing anytime soon - see Rob's thread about the purse!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wondered where you'd been, and yes you're so right mate, makes you proud to be British doesn't it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's the best rant I've read in awhile!

Yes there are morons out there but when you are 36 hours tiered then they become mega morons!! At least you got it off your chest

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope you had a good time in Australia mate, Even though the east coast is more full on and less relaxed then the west coast, I bet it was a lot more relaxing than the airports over in the U.K. I remember Heathrow as a 15 year old, what hell that was

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have been in the situation of flying up and down and around every week in life for the past 12 years or so, and some of the stories I could tell you too

I am never surprised by the utter idiocy of people, yuo mention the outrage at not being able to board for a few minutes more, I was early at the gate in Stansted (Gate 45 if that means anything) and this family arrived real bunch of chav's they were too.

the plane sitting at the gate was boarding for a flight to Southern France not Glasgow, but this mob arrived the flight was about 2/3 full from the numbers I observed boarding,, (are you all with me where this one is going????)

And Head of the chav clan marches up to the gate which clearly said Nantes, and protested to board with his clan of ugly fat chavette's, the dozy gate assistant proceeded to board them!
    I was really in a dilemma do I speak up or watch the situation unfold,,, I chose silence!!

Anyway the departure time came and went,,, the plane,,, didn't,,,, another 25 minutes and the gate staff are getting calls reading boarding pass numbers out and generally flapping, then,,, the gate for my flight changed, I was off to the queue at gate 48 on the opposite side so watched the clan Chav, disembark, and go to the bar about 20 yards up the concourse.

We boarded, they DIDN'T I watched them sitting in the bar as we taxi'd out.

Oh how I laughed,,,,,,,,,,,

I did see their cards and they were on my flight, however they had their luggage offloaded and literally the pilot did a reverse flick away from the stand

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Unfortunately the world is full of tools who have no comprehension whatsoever about the laws of physics, that other people don't want to be irritated by their children and that in an empty room with loads of unoccupied seats, you don't need to sit next to people who are taking up some room.

Never mind.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information