Ok, I realise this has been done to death, pretty much all over the internet, a Google of the subject title shows me that clearly.
I am a Microsoft engineer by trade, I am just not “Car Savvy”, I have upgraded head units in cars before, but not to this degree, I have found plenty on the subject, but not enough to convince me that it’s relevant to my Vectra Model, I just need (being a techie) some clarification on what I now believe to be the situation from all the sources I have read.
I hope to god I’m not about to make a total prat of myself, but I am trying to show a willingness to understand
So....I have the following.
· A Vectra C 2007 VVT Life
· CD30 fitted with basic 2 line screen, showing temp, clock and Radio Station CD/Info.
· I have 2x jog wheels on my Steering Wheel, one either side.
· I have been led to believe this is a full canbus system.
What I do know, and believe to be true from what I have read.
· I need to (preferably) get a pair, a CD unit and screen that have been pulled from the same vehicle, regardless of whether it’s a CD40 or CD70.
If a CD40 with trip
· I need to make sure that I have the right connection in my car, I should be looking for a yellow cable behind that dash that will connect to the trip screen.
· I might not have all the sensors installed in my car, some may need to be fitted.
· Cables between the headunit and trip might need to be replaced.
· I might need to fit a new wiper stalk ?
If a CD70 with SatNav
I have been told this unit has a trip computer built in as well as the SatNav, can someone please confirm? If this is true, and in addition to the above I will also;
· Need to get a half decent gps antenna (on ebay for about £10, fakra has been suggested as a good make)
· I will need to connect the bespoke VGA connection cable between the headunit and the screen.
With either a CD40 or CD70 and in addition to the above for each model.
· Once the units have been connected and installed successfully the trip computer will need to be configured via a “Tech2” engineer to be correctly calibrated to my car.
I live in Bracknell, Berkshire, so I could be looking for a Tech2 engineer to help me out if everything else can be sourced and fitted without too much of a problem, I would of course be happy to pay the going rate.
So that’s what I know or at least “think” I know, as I said, I’m not Car Savvy, so I hope that I am not too wide of the mark, and please do your best not to flame me for being non car savvy