User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Air box Mod

  1. #1
    Regular Member Graham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Air box Mod

    Hi Guys, im getting itchy feet. Feel the need to do some modding to my beloved car.
    Been reading somebodys excellent "how too" mod the airbox with full pics.
    Quite happy with doing the job but just need some happy people to tell me the difference it made to their car in terms of fuel consumption, accelaration, and extra torque.

    Owned the car know for nearly 1 1/2 years and feel its time to play.

    Also does the k&n air filter make a huge difference over the standard vax one?

  2. #2
    Regular Member steve.o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    walking in memphis
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    Hi Guys, im getting itchy feet. Feel the need to do some modding to my beloved car.
    Been reading somebodys excellent "how too" mod the airbox with full pics.
    Quite happy with doing the job but just need some happy people to tell me the difference it made to their car in terms of fuel consumption, accelaration, and extra torque.

    Owned the car know for nearly 1 1/2 years and feel its time to play.

    Also does the k&n air filter make a huge difference over the standard vax one?
    Havnt done the air box mod,but defo the K&N filter makes a big difference,it did to mine anyway by taking away the flat spot i had.Wether its just my imagination or not the car feels a lot smoother and even excelleration feels improved.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Uxbridge, London
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't expect miracles Graham......the mod costs nothing, and as they say......you get what you pay for!

    the most you can expect is for the car to be a bit more responsive and feel less restricted. but nothing REALLY noticeable!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Graham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    don't expect miracles Graham......the mod costs nothing, and as they say......you get what you pay for!

    the most you can expect is for the car to be a bit more responsive and feel less restricted. but nothing REALLY noticeable!
    Thanks for that Harry shall give it a go as you say dont cost anything except £45 ish for a k&n filter.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Uxbridge, London
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ah! didn't know you were going to swap the filter for sure from your first post, just thought you were enquiring.

    with the k&n you should feel a small difference, plus the engine noise will be slightly (marginal at most) louder....but in a good way, the turbo spooling will be more obvious.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Graham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cool i like the sound of the spool spinning up.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Rodnoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    East Lothian
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I fitted a K & N filter last weekend and done the air box mod.

    The car does feel a lot smoother and the turbo noise is more noticable.

    Well worth the price of a K & N filter

    Got a tuning box to fit this weekend, then I wil see a difference

  8. #8
    Regular Member Caterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Here, there and every where!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodnoc

    Got a tuning box to fit this weekend, then I will see a difference
    Oh you will indeed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •