Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default fault code..help needed.please

hi .e.m.light cam on saturday.car went into limp home mode..stopped,switched car off, then started back up again.car was fine again,until about 10 miles later.repeated process of on and off.every time i did this the e.m light went off.took it to local mechanic today...code p1901 came up and was told partical filter high pressure..also told to give car a long hard run which should clear filter which apparently is in exhaust.
    Looked at code list on this forum ,and that code p1901 reads..circuit intermittent malfunction..which one is correct? or do they mean the same thing? confused

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigcarp1953 View Post
    hi .e.m.light cam on saturday.car went into limp home mode..stopped,switched car off, then started back up again.car was fine again,until about 10 miles later.repeated process of on and off.every time i did this the e.m light went off.took it to local mechanic today...code p1901 came up and was told particulate filter high pressure..also told to give car a long hard run which should clear filter which apparently is in exhaust.
    Looked at code list on this forum ,and that code p1901 reads..circuit intermittent malfunction..which one is correct? or do they mean the same thing? confused
    sorry! forgot to mention..06..1.9 cdti..150 bhp sri estate
    Last edited by bigcarp1953; 11th July 2011 at 13:23. Reason: spelling mistake

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

sorry! forgot to mention..06..1.9 cdti..150 bhp sri estate
    Sounds like a problem with your DPF - may be in need of a regeneration cycle that should happen automatically. The DPF is a filter system built into the exhaust that collects all the carbon from the exhaust and stores it - when the container is full it goes through a cycle that causes the DPF to get very hot and burns the carbon into a light ash that is expelled through the exhaust system. Sounds like yours may be ready for a regen and it needs to be driven at high revs for around half an hour -best way to do it is on a motorway driving at 65 - 70 in a lower gear than you normally would - this should force a regen if your system is working ok. If you do a lot of fast motorway miles this should happen automatically and you wouldn't be aware it has happened - but if you are only doing short local - stop/start journeys you can get warning lights coming up on the dash (usually the coil light flashing) I would give it a try before doinng anything else as the DPF is an expensive item to replace - although some members have managed to clean them out using power washers!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi .e.m.light cam on saturday.car went into limp home mode..stopped,switched car off, then started back up again.car was fine again,until about 10 miles later.repeated process of on and off.every time i did this the e.m light went off.took it to local mechanic today...code p1901 came up and was told partical filter high pressure..also told to give car a long hard run which should clear filter which apparently is in exhaust.

Glad you have asked this as im having exactly the same problem at the moment, the garage read the fault and sasy the same as your garage told you (partical filter high pressure) the guy said it could be the sensor or split rubber hose that runs from the diesel particulate filter to the sensor, im unsure what exactly the problem is and beens that a new sensor is about £100 according to the garage i dont fancy taking the risk of getting a new one only to find its something else.

Tell you what iv done at the moment, iv unplugged the sensor and the spanner through car light is constantly on but its not going into limp mode, this might mean that the garage is right with it being a faulty sensor!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I take it that you have looked at this thread?

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...ulate+pressure

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Advise getting the problem sorted soon, as if for some reason (like a fault) the car cannot do a regen, your DPF will become totally blocked. Depending on the level of blockage you can force a regen (through software or driving style) or if it goes too far, then the DPF needs cleaning off the car, or replacing.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for all your advise.....will try giving it a drive to regen.....i must admit ,i dont do many long jouneys, mostly short stop start .thanks again everyone ...let you know how it goes...cheers!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well..went on m23 today and did a regeneration ..so far so good,everything seems fine again ..fingers crossed!!!! thanks again everyone for your help and advise..cheers!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well..went on m23 today and did a regeneration ..so far so good,everything seems fine again ..fingers crossed!!!! thanks again everyone for your help and advise..cheers!

You managed to drive it long enough to get a regen and it didn't go into limp mode? i still have my sensor unplugged and its working great but its going into the garage on monday to look it over, i may try the force regen tomorrow did you run it in a low gear at 70mph for 10mins?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pugs,signum View Post
    You managed to drive it long enough to get a regen and it didn't go into limp mode? i still have my sensor unplugged and its working great but its going into the garage on monday to look it over, i may try the force regen tomorrow did you run it in a low gear at 70mph for 10mins?
    ran it at 65-70mph..around 3000revs in 4th gear for 25mins...no eml.no limp mode..seams to pull better and not so much turbo lag in 1st and second gear ....how do i know if the regen was successful?
    Last edited by bigcarp1953; 16th July 2011 at 12:28. Reason: more info

Thread Information