User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Filters - Oil, fuel and even air

  1. #1
    Regular Member JohnSH8892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cambridge
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Filters - Oil, fuel and even air

    Hi guys

    I will be replacing my airbox in the next couple of weeks to a 57i K&N Induction kit to replace my current air box that has a K&N panel filter. Whilst I am at it I am tempted to replace the fuel filter and the oil filter too.

    Are K&N Fuel and oil filters a good idea? Anything known to go wrong? I currently run on Momentum99 with STP booster and a regular STP injector cleaner.

    Also, Oil, any suggestions? I can drain and replace the Oil during the filter change. Again something worth investing?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Regular Member byebyeitsagsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    If they are the same price or cheaper than GM official parts then why not but if they are more expensive i would'nt bother.

    Just some advice if your putting premium full in it like momentum which is really good or V-power or any other super unleaded then your wasting money with the stp booster and injector cleaner. The premium fulls already contain everything your additives claim to do.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Das's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Turdsville
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Lada

    Trim : Riva

    Engine : 6.0 V12

    Year : 1954

    Mileage : 567890987

    Default

    The good old 57i eh cant beat the induction roar from one, its the equivalent of adding 20bhp just from the noise factor alone lol. Just watch as sometimes these oil impregnated filters can cause issues with oil residue getting on the MAF sensor and throwing a fault code, but its an easy fix with a squirt of Maplin's Contact cleaner spray. I ran 57i's on my last 3 cars and never had the problem but just be aware of it. Cant see how you can go wrong fitting the K&N oil filter, didn't know they did fuel ones tbh. BTW when fitting the oil filter remember the nut on the end is for when you remove the filter not to tighten it when fitting, or is the 2.2 an element filter or a cannister one?

  4. #4
    Regular Member JohnSH8892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cambridge
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byebyeitsagsi View Post
    If they are the same price or cheaper than GM official parts then why not but if they are more expensive i would'nt bother.

    Just some advice if your putting premium full in it like momentum which is really good or V-power or any other super unleaded then your wasting money with the stp booster and injector cleaner. The premium fulls already contain everything your additives claim to do.

    I use the Booster to increase the Octane level. For the price, why not. In my last Vectra which was a 1.8 I had major issues with fuel and vowed never to compromise ever again. Its fun to watch the Vauxhall engineers scratch there heads when they see a clean Fuel filter!! I had fun last time.

  5. #5
    Regular Member JohnSH8892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cambridge
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    The good old 57i eh cant beat the induction roar from one, its the equivalent of adding 20bhp just from the noise factor alone lol. Just watch as sometimes these oil impregnated filters can cause issues with oil residue getting on the MAF sensor and throwing a fault code, but its an easy fix with a squirt of Maplin's Contact cleaner spray. I ran 57i's on my last 3 cars and never had the problem but just be aware of it. Cant see how you can go wrong fitting the K&N oil filter, didn't know they did fuel ones tbh. BTW when fitting the oil filter remember the nut on the end is for when you remove the filter not to tighten it when fitting, or is the 2.2 an element filter or a cannister one?
    Noise induced HP increase works for me!!

    I am not sure which filter it takes. According to K&N it takes a cartridge fileter. As for Fuel, I thought they did. Looks like they dont.

    How about a fuel dump!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member hagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kingswinford
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSH8892 View Post
    Hi guys

    I will be replacing my airbox in the next couple of weeks to a 57i K&N Induction kit to replace my current air box that has a K&N panel filter. Whilst I am at it I am tempted to replace the fuel filter and the oil filter too.

    Are K&N Fuel and oil filters a good idea? Anything known to go wrong? I currently run on Momentum99 with STP booster and a regular STP injector cleaner.

    Also, Oil, any suggestions? I can drain and replace the Oil during the filter change. Again something worth investing?

    Cheers
    you may not notice the change from panel to full induction kit... as for k&n fuel and oil filters.. i'd stick with oem parts at recommended intervals

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th January 2013, 18:50
  2. Fuel filters - high performance or standard
    By Caveman_nige in forum Petrol Engine related
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15th August 2011, 13:57
  3. Fuel filters
    By paul_sri150 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th October 2010, 00:20
  4. Air Filters
    By yatesy in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th October 2010, 00:45
  5. air filters
    By chrispdab in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th February 2010, 14:55

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •