0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CIM Update

Well following on from the below thread, i have managed to get the CC working,

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141263

Inside the CIM where the stalk connects there are 4 x "spring" like connectors, these were black discoloured and lying completely flat instead of a slightly upraised position,

So with the help of one of the Mrs kirby grips i straightened it and made a hook on the end to insert where the stalk goes and slightly raise / pull the springs back up , quick spray of contact cleaner and its all working now

I have now received the other CIM so now i know that mine is at fault i will still change it over and hope it works

Quick question

The CIM came with 2 x keys that are slightly worse for wear, can i have the CIM programmed to work with my own keys ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, this might help with mine, as it cuts out all the time and does not engage most of the time. I'm also getting a 'CIM interface malfunction' code.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried programming my keys with the new CIM and it couldn't be done!

Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC you have to depair your old keys first, You cant code already paired keys

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My CIM experiance

This may help or confuse: After a bad rear end shunt I had to have amongst other electrical components a new CIM (Complete system shock). My CC is now programmed differently – I can no longer use the 3 up or down. Yes it was fitted by a stealer! Because apparently they are the only ones with the correct software. The key which was in at the time of the shock was also rendered kaput.

I say this because if your system had a similar shock other things could have problems associated – and through experience the back street garage cannot find these things out e.g. my Airbag ECU had blown but not deployed but the independent garage could not pick it up exactly just flagged it as a possibility, this also applied to the radio and CIM errors?

1.8 club, saloon, 52 plate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info - just got mine working again. Yanked the stalk out (thought I was going to break it!) cleaned the contacts and that made it a little better, but not having something small enough to re-position the contacts inside the CIM - they weren't all flattened, I then put a little dab of solder on each of the contacts on the stalk and it's now working fine!

Cost: £0

Time: a few minutes!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kel123 View Post
    This may help or confuse: After a bad rear end shunt I had to have amongst other electrical components a new CIM (Complete system shock). My CC is now programmed differently – I can no longer use the 3 up or down. Yes it was fitted by a stealer! Because apparently they are the only ones with the correct software. The key which was in at the time of the shock was also rendered kaput.

I say this because if your system had a similar shock other things could have problems associated – and through experience the back street garage cannot find these things out e.g. my Airbag ECU had blown but not deployed but the independent garage could not pick it up exactly just flagged it as a possibility, this also applied to the radio and CIM errors?

1.8 club, saloon, 52 plate
    I have all the work done on my car by an independant garage and they got snap on in the programme it all, so to say only a dealer can do this sort of thing isn't true. I wouldn't trust the dealer programming my car anyway. By the way i had to have my new CIM, airbag control module, ECU, keys etc all reprogrammed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Innocence - now that is interesting because 18 months or so ago I was told even by vx that this cannot happen and as never happened. There is a thread on here about my accident and my fight to get paid out. I won eventually.

I cannot argue against your attitude toward the stealers but my experience says that for an indepth diagnosis the stealers are the best option. Or maybe around these parts the independant garages will not fork out the cash to buy what is needed?

Well done Hebblemarine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kel123 View Post
    Innocence - now that is interesting because 18 months or so ago I was told even by vx that this cannot happen and as never happened. There is a thread on here about my accident and my fight to get paid out. I won eventually.

I cannot argue against your attitude toward the stealers but my experience says that for an indepth diagnosis the stealers are the best option. Or maybe around these parts the independant garages will not fork out the cash to buy what is needed?

Well done Hebblemarine
    I had a full diagnostic done which returned 30+ fault codes at the time and at no point was the dealer involved. My garage is pretty good and will avoid dealers where possible as they know they are expensive.

I note that you say VX told you that it could not be done by an independant but sometimes it pays to ask about. Also my car had previously been in VX for the same fault and they said it returned no fault codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I mean the amount of errors and that one shock can shock another and so on, until every componant as a spike with some faulures.

I had the opersite experiance, but when ever posible I do use my local garage, I have asked him if he can and he answers yes or no.

Thread Information