Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Hello!

Hello all! thought it was about time I introduced myself, as I've made a few posts n a couple of threads, been a fully paid member for a couple of months n just not got round to an introduction yet...

I'm a 33 year old (Design) engineer and family man from Grimsby, although I work over in Doncaster so my Vectra gets through a few miles! I've owned a Vectra of one sort or another for several years now - Had a 1.7td Vectra B (in very faded red, more like salmon pink!) for about 5 years, then upgraded to a 2.0 dti Vectra C (silver) last August. This was written off in a minor accident at the beginning of the year, luckily my insurance was pretty good and I was able to replace it with a 2.2 dti LS Vectra C (Prestige Blue) which is my current car.

My current mods are nothing major, I'm not into big exhausts or bodykits or anything, have just changed the crappy orange side repeaters for some nice clear ones. Upgraded the washer jets to insignia fan style ones. Fitted some made to measure window blinds as featured in several threads on here. When I have more money I'd like to replace the rear lights with clear tipped ones and possibly the third brake light as well.

Not had too many problems thankfully, although I have had the occasional spanner symbol flash up (seems to be the only thing you can be sure off with Vectra C ownership ) - Following certain guides on here I've upgraded my vacuum pipes to silicon ones and have also replace my intercooler hose (which had a major split) in a bid to get rid of the spanner symbol. In the end it turned out to be the egr valve as a new one sorted the problem - needed to be a new one after I snapped one of the coolant pipes off trying to get old one off

Anyways, hope thats not too long of an introduction!

And, can I just say thankyou to everyone who has made this the most friendly and helpful forum I have ever had the pleasure of finding on the internet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

along to the forum bobast

sorry it's a kinda mandatory on here!

we ALL love pics on here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Got my membership pack yesterday! Huzzah!

Thank-you Vectra-c.com admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged