Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra Diesel - Hard to find

My first post here, so hello

I've had my 52 reg Vectra 1.8sxi petrol for nearly 18 months and covered approx 36k miles. It costs me over £300 a month in petrol

I need a diesel. I can't find one.

I was going to spend about £5k plus mine as a trade in but this process has put me off. I have for months been trying to find a 56/06 sri diesel with average mileage. I have tried main dealers who have offered me £1k trade in for my sxi (112k miles, full service history, 9 months MOT), but they cannot find a diesel. I have tried the main dealer who has 3 dealerships near my town and the dealership in my work town who has "access to over 80 dealerships". They did find me an sri, offered me £900 trade in, then put the cost of the sri in en email and reduced my trade in by £350 "as you need to pay for transport cost". I walked away.

I also tried my local car supermarket (yeah, I know). Test drove a nice example, the salesman offered me £1500 trade in. I snapped his hand off. Then he came back with his sales manager and then offered me £450 trade in and said "yeah sorry, old Dan here is new and we are training him up". I said "well he obviously needs a new teacher" and I walked. 2 days later they called me back and offered me £1k trade in. I went back ready to do the deal and a different sales manager said "sorry, the book prices have changed, can only give you £350 trade in". I said they offered me £1k on the phone. He disagreed and said "if anybody offers you £1k they must be mad". I said well the sales man sitting next to you did. I again walked. The salesman then called me and apologised and said "I was told to call you and offer you £1k just to get you back". Muppets.

So the whole process has put me off. Now I have decided to keep the car and get my monies worth. I have spent over 18 months approx £1800 in services, MOT, repairs etc (only cost me £2400 18 months ago). It's now worth approx £1200 private sale, or £800 trade in. Decided now against spending £5k on a diesel and will keep a look out for a 54 reg diesel for approx £2k. Can I find one? No. Looked on Autotrader and there are 4 in the country. Only 4 for sale!

So come on guys, let us stupid petrol drivers have a diesel....please

However I have been advised not to go for a newer 05/55 + diesel vectra due to the Dual Mass Flywheel issues.

I am better off sticking with petrol or even looking for a Mondeo Diesel.......nooooo

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mondeo 's suffer badly with injector problems at around £1k to replace i know as i had one and when you read the ford forums there are a lot of people with the same problem

also what model diesel you looking for ??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTI

Year : 2006

if i were you I would seel your private as dealers will only ever want to give you a lot less

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1500?logcode=p

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTI

Year : 2006

i've just had a look and found loads of cdti sri 150's on autotrader below your £5k budget

also some of them with less than 40k on the clock

might be worth looking at

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by JB007 View Post
    My first post here, so hello

I've had my 52 reg Vectra 1.8sxi petrol for nearly 18 months and covered approx 36k miles. It costs me over £300 a month in petrol

I need a diesel. I can't find one.

I was going to spend about £5k plus mine as a trade in but this process has put me off. I have for months been trying to find a 56/06 sri diesel with average mileage. I have tried main dealers who have offered me £1k trade in for my sxi (112k miles, full service history, 9 months MOT), but they cannot find a diesel. I have tried the main dealer who has 3 dealerships near my town and the dealership in my work town who has "access to over 80 dealerships". They did find me an sri, offered me £900 trade in, then put the cost of the sri in en email and reduced my trade in by £350 "as you need to pay for transport cost". I walked away.

I also tried my local car supermarket (yeah, I know). Test drove a nice example, the salesman offered me £1500 trade in. I snapped his hand off. Then he came back with his sales manager and then offered me £450 trade in and said "yeah sorry, old Dan here is new and we are training him up". I said "well he obviously needs a new teacher" and I walked. 2 days later they called me back and offered me £1k trade in. I went back ready to do the deal and a different sales manager said "sorry, the book prices have changed, can only give you £350 trade in". I said they offered me £1k on the phone. He disagreed and said "if anybody offers you £1k they must be mad". I said well the sales man sitting next to you did. I again walked. The salesman then called me and apologised and said "I was told to call you and offer you £1k just to get you back". Muppets.

So the whole process has put me off. Now I have decided to keep the car and get my monies worth. I have spent over 18 months approx £1800 in services, MOT, repairs etc (only cost me £2400 18 months ago). It's now worth approx £1200 private sale, or £800 trade in. Decided now against spending £5k on a diesel and will keep a look out for a 54 reg diesel for approx £2k. Can I find one? No. Looked on Autotrader and there are 4 in the country. Only 4 for sale!

So come on guys, let us stupid petrol drivers have a diesel....please

However I have been advised not to go for a newer 05/55 + diesel vectra due to the Dual Mass Flywheel issues.

I am better off sticking with petrol or even looking for a Mondeo Diesel.......nooooo
    I've had my diesel Vectra for 4 years now and I have to be honest, I doubt if I'd buy another one. I used to have a petrol Mondeo and the fuel consumption was excellent. So because I need an estate car for work that's probably something I'll consider next time. I reckon you're better off keeping what you've got and getting your money's worth out of it. Just my opinion!

Phil

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers guys for the quick replies.

I wanted to look to buy from a trader/dealership so as to get a warranty etc. Plenty around private but need that assurance and piece of mind.

If I was going for a Mondeo would be a 2.0L Diesel Zetec. But I still prefer the Vectras.

Hmm...think will stick with mine for a few more months and get my monies worth out of her. The see what happens at the next MOT.

I will most likely change my mind as soon as I see a diesel. :-)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Plenty up here for sale why not look further a field than your city/

Good to know the price for diesels is holding as when i bought mine it was declining just 12 months ago this week.

My plan is to run this 58 plate to ground so 10 years i hope, if your doing 15k plus a year or wanting to keep it at least 3-4 years fine if not don't bother.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Actually doing a quick calculation of Diesel V Petrol (using your excel spread sheet), I will only save about £80 per month if I change from petrol to diesel.

Hmm...maybe stick with petrol after all. More Vectra's about to choose from.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I found a lovely 2009 cdti 150 today!!!
    It was on my drive where I left it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sell yours, buy one from anywhere you want and get a third party warranty from people like warranty direct etc

You will get a better deal as the main dealers won't normally want to stick such an old car now.

In the main part, your looking in the wrong place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information