Thread: Another good reason not to visit Kwik Fit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Another good reason not to visit Kwik Fit

I know I know, should have never gone there, however, who could actually screw up changing a fuel filter on a Cdti? - Well, yes, Kwik Fit!

So, the ten minute job took 1 hour, 5 liters of spilled diesel and I am seriously considering buying a new housing now.

For starters they decided to use a Hammer and a Screwdriver to get it lose since they couldn't get a wrench in. So when I suggested that it actually pops right out they eventually got it out. And eh presto out came the pipe wrenches. At which stage I am already thinking WTF! So, filter opens no probs - DUH!

In goes the new filter new seal and the pipe wrenches again to close it So 30nM require a big massive wrench ?!?

At this stage I was hopeful that the torture of my car was over - WRONG. Out squirted the first installment of Diesel, followed by more wrench time and more diesel.

Enough being enough I told them to tell me why they were having problems. Easy enough job to do. 'Just needs more tightening' was the answer - EHH???

Right - enough was enough - told the bloke to knock it off and put the old seal back in and tighten by hand - eh presto! No more leaks!

I suppose you give up your brains and common sense when you work for Kwik Fit!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Which Kwik Fit in Glasgow was that?
    Sounds like one I don't use...

Lesson number 2, go to National Tyres (I recommend Langside Monument)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra facelift

Trim : sri

Engine : z20net 2oltr turbo

Year : 57

Mileage : 38200

why didnt you just change it yourself . sounds like you could have done it faster and properly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod09 View Post
    I know I know, should have never gone there, however, who could actually screw up changing a fuel filter on a Cdti? - Well, yes, Kwik Fit!

So, the ten minute job took 1 hour, 5 liters of spilled diesel and I am seriously considering buying a new housing now.

For starters they decided to use a Hammer and a Screwdriver to get it lose since they couldn't get a wrench in. So when I suggested that it actually pops right out they eventually got it out. And eh presto out came the pipe wrenches. At which stage I am already thinking WTF! So, filter opens no probs - DUH!

In goes the new filter new seal and the pipe wrenches again to close it So 30nM require a big massive wrench ?!?

At this stage I was hopeful that the torture of my car was over - WRONG. Out squirted the first installment of Diesel, followed by more wrench time and more diesel.

Enough being enough I told them to tell me why they were having problems. Easy enough job to do. 'Just needs more tightening' was the answer - EHH???

Right - enough was enough - told the bloke to knock it off and put the old seal back in and tighten by hand - eh presto! No more leaks!

I suppose you give up your brains and common sense when you work for Kwik Fit!!!
    Well we learn by our mistakes. We made the same mistake last year when we had a puncture repaired by Kwik Fit...or not.
    Never again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i used them last year for an oil and filter change on my pug 306, they wernt too bad and knowing how hard it is to get to the oil filter on a 306 i let them do it.... oh yes they struggled for about 45 mins to get it off lmao... best £30 quid i ever spent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Croxley View Post
    Well we learn by our mistakes. We made the same mistake last year when we had a puncture repaired by Kwik Fit...or not.
    Never again
    How can they make a mistake with that? eeeek
    This is usually one of the first things any trainee is shown (after making the tea and sweaping the floor)

Hampshire (Near Havant) . .Drives: Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Year : 2005

Why did you get them to do it if you knew how?

We had a guy come in today asking us to check his driveshafts as they 'were loose' according to the Kwickfit he took it to to get a puncture repaired.

Needless to say there were no loose drive shafts.

Any they wonder why they get a bad name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I took my mk4 golf to a quick fit in York a few years back to get a rattle from the front wheel checked and was told I needed 4 new discs, 2 springs & a back box.... Second opinion from VW was at least 10k left on the brakes, springs fine back box looked almost new already. Source of the rattle was a broken retaining clip on one of the brake pads.

Thread Information