Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused Some one help me

Hello could someone help me with gid display I can't scroll through the menu
    I had used to have a tid screen with cd30 radio but now I got a aftermarket head unit and I had the gid screen pair to the car yesterday by my vaux dealer but all it displays is range time out side temp if I try to change the menu it comes up whith settings but I can't change anything like I could change the time with the tid screen does the gid screen need programming for this to work

Moderator & Events Assistant paulhb's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by wayne10244 View Post
    Hello could someone help me with gid display I can't scroll through the menu
    I had used to have a tid screen with cd30 radio but now I got a aftermarket head unit and I had the gid screen pair to the car yesterday by my vaux dealer but all it displays is range time out side temp if I try to change the menu it comes up whith settings but I can't change anything like I could change the time with the tid screen does the gid screen need programming for this to work
    The display is designed to work with the HU i.e the Vauxhall range of HU's. There are plenty of threads here about the functionality of the displays with aftermarket HU's and basically to change anything I recall you either need to put in a paired CD HU (CD30, CD40 or CD70) or use Tech 2 and the like. Function like BC should still work if enabled to allow bulb failures etc but not a lot else

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would of thought that you could still scroll through the menus with the scroll wheel on steering wheel but all I can do is settings and can't change anything if I put my cd30 head unit in would this work because I updated the screen from a tid to gid and tech 2 to the car but can't change anything on the screen

Thread Information