User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Toyo T1-R Extra Load?

  1. #1
    Regular Member ukanalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Question Toyo T1-R Extra Load?

    Hi guys,

    My tyres are at 2mm on the front so time for a new pair but I remembered reading this thread and checked my tyres and they are 225/45/R18 95Y Extra Load. I was after the Toyo T1-R's that have been recommended by Drinky and a few others and they are £126 each @ Black Circles but they don't state that they are extra load on the BC site ... does anyone know if they are? The only ones Black Circles list specifically as being XL are the ones I have on now (Bridgestone RE040's which aren't in stock, aren't the best at handling in the wet and are £176 each!).

    Any advice/help gratefully received.

    Cheers

    Dave

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Blackburn End
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Seeing as your in Manchester, try Event Tyres on Trafford park.

    http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

    They do the Bridgestone 225/45 R18 [95Y] - Potenza RE040 [Extra Load] at £155.10 fitted.

    Don't know about the Toyo's, have a look on the website for further info.
    I'm sure someone will come along and lift the mist.

  3. #3
    Regular Member ukanalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Thanks for the heads up Scottex ... I have had a look on the Toyo site and can't find out ... I really would like to switch from the Bridgestones as they don't seem great in the wet but if I have to stick with 'em event-tyres seem to be a fair bit cheaper so thanks again!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Ross DTi 2.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Münster, NRW, Germany
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukanalyst
    Hi guys,

    My tyres are at 2mm on the front so time for a new pair but I remembered reading this thread and checked my tyres and they are 225/45/R18 95Y Extra Load. I was after the Toyo T1-R's that have been recommended by Drinky and a few others and they are £126 each @ Black Circles but they don't state that they are extra load on the BC site ... does anyone know if they are? The only ones Black Circles list specifically as being XL are the ones I have on now (Bridgestone RE040's which aren't in stock, aren't the best at handling in the wet and are £176 each!).

    Any advice/help gratefully received.

    Cheers

    Dave
    The load rating 95Y means they are extra load Dave. 91 would be standard load for a tyre of those dimensions.

    Camskill tyres sell them for £104 a piece with free delivery: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...=m4b0s557p3577

  5. #5
    Regular Member Swatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    greenock
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I’m not sure what tyres come with the rim protectors. I bought a full set of eagle NCTs’ last year (which did not have the rim protectors) to replace the continentals that were on the car (which had the rim protectors).

    I did not bad until a few weeks ago when I had the squeeze through a narrow space, which resulted in small scrape on back wheel against kerb (I don’t think it would have happened if the tyre had the rim protector).

    Any tyres I buy in the future will definitely have them

  6. #6
    Regular Member ukanalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross DTi 2.2
    The load rating 95Y means they are extra load Dave. 91 would be standard load for a tyre of those dimensions.

    Camskill tyres sell them for £104 a piece with free delivery: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...=m4b0s557p3577
    Well I initially thought this (I know 95 is load rating and Y is speed rating) but then looking at some of the tyres sites like event-tyres they have some 95Y Bridgestones listed without extra load at the side and some with extra load at the side ... surely they would all say this? and I know the T1-R's are 95Y so why wouldn't Black Cirles list them as XL??? Thanks for the link by the way - I was looking at Black Circles as they have given me £8 off my next purchase, price includes fitting and I have used them before.

    Dave

  7. #7
    Regular Member ukanalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swatty
    I’m not sure what tyres come with the rim protectors. I bought a full set of eagle NCTs’ last year (which did not have the rim protectors) to replace the continentals that were on the car (which had the rim protectors).

    I did not bad until a few weeks ago when I had the squeeze through a narrow space, which resulted in small scrape on back wheel against kerb (I don’t think it would have happened if the tyre had the rim protector).

    Any tyres I buy in the future will definitely have them
    It really is gutting when you scratch your alloys isn't it! I know as my misus has done it a couple of times on previous cars ... oh wait she can't drive yet .. damn I can't blame her ... what I meant was the kerb came out in front of the road at me in a couple of previous cars!

  8. #8
    Regular Member Ross DTi 2.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Münster, NRW, Germany
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The T1-Rs aren't marked XL as far as I'm aware but 95 is definitely an XL/RF load rating. I got the £8 put in my black circles tyre bank too. I just find them a bit uncompetetive most of the time now. Mytyres.co.uk and Camskill are always able to undercut them lately.

  9. #9
    Regular Member ukanalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross DTi 2.2
    The T1-Rs aren't marked XL as far as I'm aware but 95 is definitely an XL/RF load rating. I got the £8 put in my black circles tyre bank too. I just find them a bit uncompetetive most of the time now. Mytyres.co.uk and Camskill are always able to undercut them lately.
    How would it sit with insurance though do you reckon' following on from the thread I referred to in my first post if the tyres aren't explicitly marked as Extra Load? Are the characteristics of the tyres the same as Extra Load do you know?

    Cheers

    Dave

  10. #10
    Regular Member ukanalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross DTi 2.2
    You'll be fine Dave. 91 is the industry standard loadrating for a 225/45/18 tyre. The guidelines for an extra load tyre are that they must be 4 Load Index (LI) values higher than standard, in this case 95.

    95LI tyres can sustain 690kg of weight at maximum speed of the tyre as opposed to 615kg for a 91LI tyre.

    Its all in here: http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
    You're a star mate ... thankyou very much Ross.

    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. toyo tyre
    By JonesG in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th March 2010, 20:50
  2. Toyo T1R's
    By Big-Pete in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12th April 2009, 11:28
  3. Tyre Question - Extra Load and Reinforced
    By VectraV6CDTi in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 28th June 2007, 22:36
  4. Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (Extra Load)
    By trucker in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 9th March 2007, 20:00
  5. Extra load tyres
    By Ian T in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 1st March 2007, 09:22

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •