Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signum 2.8V6T idle speed high

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah i think its all about the turbo etc getting a good oil feed when it starts just before the revs drop i get a very quiet noise from around my turbo sounds a bit like the air noise when you open a can of coke, as soon as that happens the revs drop. I always leave it till the revs drop when i start it before i drive off dont want to put anything under stress while its doing its thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BYGino View Post
    Ahh, that makes sense I guess. I really should just wait the 30secs or so before hammering the gas then!
    If you start up and go or give it the beans before the engine heats up you will end up needing a new turbo lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ahhh yes you reminded me of that pressure release noise you get when the revs drop... definately a turbo related reason.

And you shouldn't be giving it beans even after 30 seconds fella!!! :P Wait for the coolant temp to atleast read around 75-80 before even thinking about it as by that time your oil should be running up to temp... Otherwise your asking for some long term damage.

Also after a good rag, remember to drive with low revs like an old lady for the last 30 secs to a minute of your drive to let everything cool down and the turbo to slow down. The other option is to pull over and leave it running on idle for around the same time but as seen in the handbook you don't get as efficient oil cooling that way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    Ahhh yes you reminded me of that pressure release noise you get when the revs drop... definately a turbo related reason.

And you shouldn't be giving it beans even after 30 seconds fella!!! :P Wait for the coolant temp to atleast read around 75-80 before even thinking about it as by that time your oil should be running up to temp... Otherwise your asking for some long term damage.

Also after a good rag, remember to drive with low revs like an old lady for the last 30 secs to a minute of your drive to let everything cool down and the turbo to slow down. The other option is to pull over and leave it running on idle for around the same time but as seen in the handbook you don't get as efficient oil cooling that way
    Spot on mate, thats pretty much summed up how to look after your investment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Haha yeh still paranoid the turbo is gonna go or something. She runs sooooo rough when cold in the winter and not exactly brilliant for the first minute or two after leaving it over night in the summer. You got the standard VXR exhaust or an aftermarket one fitted? My next investment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just running the standard system mate as its a remus there not much point changing it unless your wanting a different sound. I find the standard one sounds the dogs danglys lol. If i was wanting it louder i would get the cat off it but its already very deep if you stand behind it even just on idle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

Yes normal mine too. The engine stays high rpm and a pump helps to heat the cats up quickly for emission reasons no fault

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A mate has the estate and I found the exhaust a bit tame. Although the pop pop pop after letting off the throttle is awesome. I think I will go for something a tad louder, and probably lose a cat so its a bit deeper when flooring it! Can't wait lol, the Signums are soooooo tame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    A mate has the estate and I found the exhaust a bit tame. Although the pop pop pop after letting off the throttle is awesome. I think I will go for something a tad louder, and probably lose a cat so its a bit deeper when flooring it! Can't wait lol, the Signums are soooooo tame
    Lol yeah a nice exhaust would make a huge difference to yours would really bring out a good sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Guys, guys! I was only joking about hammering it - I always drive like an old lady

Seriously though, I usually do let the oil warm up etc. When I left for work this morning I took note of how long it stayed at 1400 revs. After about 30 secs or so it dropped to about 1000 so it looks like everything's normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information