Thread: Which warranty do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Which warranty do you have?

Thinking of adding a warranty plan to eliminate any unforeseen expense, main 2 seem warranty wise and warranty direct but reading posts on here warranty wise seems the best,

Does anyone have warrantywise cover and if so, which plan did they opt for or does anyone have a different plan which they swear by.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I looked at both. Apparently different levels of cover, but I feel WW premiums were horrendously expensive. I'm paying £22 per month (£291 for 13 months) with WD - covering all items - DMF, EGR etc (at special request). WW were quoting £700 per year!! No excess to pay with WW but I don't mind paying £50 towards my clutch if it goes rather than £700 per year 'just in case'!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi,i"ve got warranty direct ringing me monday for mine.its £300 all in.managed to knock them down £50 and also do 4 instalments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chewy71 View Post
    but I feel WW premiums were horrendously expensive.
    that was my thoughts too, £56 a month for gold cover which is a min really cos silver and bronze dont cover things like dmf,

so for your £22 a month do you get mot failure cover etc and how comprehensive is the cover? i mean i dont mind my ageing car having things wearing out, wouldnt claim for everything but would love to know if high pressure pump goes or timing chain needs replaced etc then i would like that peace of mind that i just need to get it booked in.

also, was it mentioned somewhere about warranty direct not covering electronic parts or something or did i just dream that bit up
    Last edited by pix; 23rd June 2011 at 14:17. Reason: forgot a bit :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have warranty direct , on a month to month basis,

£28pm Extra care warranty, covers most things , incl MOT failure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have an AA one that so far has been ok i guess.

i paid £500 for two years and a years AA recovery.

Coverrs most things but apparently not the EGR!

had my DMF and Clutch done last year and it wasn't to messy, they paid out for the DMF which had gone and in the end it only cost me around £100 for a new clutch and for the difference between there rate and VX's. Was all completed within 72 hours.

I would however steer clear of WW.

I had them on my astra and they were shocking

My fuel pump went on my DTi and the part was £1800 alone.

The refused to pay for a new one, and also wouldnt cover any of the seals required for the new part regardless of who did it.

On top of this there labour rate was £X amount and my local garage quoted for all the work as there labour rate came in within a £1 of it. WW refused to accept it would take that long to do and there was a £700~ difference between actual cost and what they would pay.

In the end VX did it, reduced there hourly rate and gave me the pump at a considerably reduced rate. and it still set me back about £400.
    On top of this they would only allow one day's car hire at £50. Even though i was out of a car for nearly four weeks due to them dragging there heals.

The comical thing was, there claim form had the part value at £1813.00 but they only would authorise upto £1600.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spennny View Post
    I have warranty direct , on a month to month basis,

£28pm Extra care warranty, covers most things , incl MOT failure
    see 20 - 30 quid a month seems reasonable to me and peace of mind for any major issues would be great, whats the terms on servicing etc, mines 04 54k ish but little service history, got good friends who are great for repairs, but obv warranty direct will demand some kind of service schedule which is perfectly fair, i wouldnt cover a central heating boiler if customer abused it and ignored problems and signs of wear, just makes sense, however does it have to be stealers? any garage providing schedule is followed?

thanks for all your input

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectraboyy View Post
    I have an AA one that so far has been ok i guess.

i paid £500 for two years and a years AA recovery.

Coverrs most things but apparently not the EGR!

had my DMF and Clutch done last year and it wasn't to messy, they paid out for the DMF which had gone and in the end it only cost me around £100 for a new clutch and for the difference between there rate and VX's. Was all completed within 72 hours.

I would however steer clear of WW.

I had them on my astra and they were shocking

My fuel pump went on my DTi and the part was £1800 alone.

The refused to pay for a new one, and also wouldnt cover any of the seals required for the new part regardless of who did it.

On top of this there labour rate was £X amount and my local garage quoted for all the work as there labour rate came in within a £1 of it. WW refused to accept it would take that long to do and there was a £700~ difference between actual cost and what they would pay.

In the end VX did it, reduced there hourly rate and gave me the pump at a considerably reduced rate. and it still set me back about £400.
    On top of this they would only allow one day's car hire at £50. Even though i was out of a car for nearly four weeks due to them dragging there heals.

The comical thing was, there claim form had the part value at £1813.00 but they only would authorise upto £1600.....
    hmmmmm think i'll pass on that one then, whole point is assurance isn't it, i got a young family and covering them 3 costs a fortune without big bills and battles over a few weeks to try get things sorted. Thanks for the warrantywise tip
    Last edited by pix; 23rd June 2011 at 15:15. Reason: forgot a bit...again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've heard the AA one you pay for monthly is pretty good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pix View Post
    see 20 - 30 quid a month seems reasonable to me and peace of mind for any major issues would be great, whats the terms on servicing etc, mines 04 54k ish but little service history, got good friends who are great for repairs, but obv warranty direct will demand some kind of service schedule which is perfectly fair, i wouldnt cover a central heating boiler if customer abused it and ignored problems and signs of wear, just makes sense, however does it have to be stealers? any garage providing schedule is followed?

thanks for all your input
    The car has to be serviced in line with the manufacturer, and when making a claim the MOT and service book has to be shown , i claimed for a fuel pump a few months back, i had the work done at Vx, as Vx arent in their franchises i had to pay upfront and claim back, took them 1 week to send me the cheque,

I did have a spring snap on the last MOT, and i wasnt aware i had this cover, or i could have claimed , none the less i have found warranty direct very efficient so far

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information