Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default big help needed, please read

Hi,
    i need some help and advice and to see if you think i am maybe adding 1 + 1 and getting 5

i bought a Vectra 3.0 cdti SRI Auto about 2 weeks ago from a trader in hounslow.
    Car seems all ok, drove superb, hpi ok and finance company were happy to finance.

i have so far done 1000 trouble (almost) free miles, but am starting to have a problem that is worrying me.

I was doing 70 and went to accelerate when the car seemed to lose power (about 3 sec) then it kicked back in and pulled as per normal, i thought it was maybe me thinking i felt a power loss as it ran fine for another 400 miles.

Then this sunday gone , i accelerated at about 65 and it was if the auto box could not decide which gear to select, it lost power (2 sec) then kicked back in, but 1 mile later the car went into limp mode ( but no light)

i decided to turn ignition on and off and the car came out of limp mode but felt a bit juddering on idle in traffic, but this cleared after about 10 sec.

now this leads onto my inquisitive mind, on getting home i realised i have never seen the eml light on start up, and after a few thread look ups i found out were it should be, and yep it does not light up!!!!!!

So are they led lights? if so has someone damaged it for a reason or is it a normal bulb that could of blown?

So today i had the car op-com (thanks bob) and it showed up
    P0093 - fuel system leak - large
    P0650 - eml light malfuntion

So now i am having a dilemma, is it the fuel pump or scv? has someone sold this car knowing a problem and damaged the eml light?
    or am i panicking and its a simple fault?

Helpppppppppppppppppppppppp i thought buying the 3.0 V6 was gonna be better than my old 150 cdti

Do i have any comeback on the trader as its only 2 weeks old? also i have read the finance company may help push the dealer

Thanks

Nick

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2004

Yes looks like they damage the EML light.. and yes its a LED (SMD)

the other error i dont know.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

Year : 2008

i would be taking the car straight back to them fella
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Take it back bud

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

Year : 2006

Mileage : 140000

Take it back mate, do a letter telling them of the issues and what the fault codes mean, and you want them to fix it or get your money back. My mrs brought a focus from a garage in egham and it had loads of problems which were found when she had it serviced 2 days after buying it. The service guy said it was a death trap and to take it back, thing that made me really mad was we took it for a test drive with my 2 year old daughter in the back when we said that the brakes felt funny, they said they would get them tested before we picked it up, when we did he said they were fine. Needless to say they weren't and anything could have happened. We took it back stating under trading standards the car was not fit for selling and we gave them a list of jobs to fix the issues, they gave us our money back.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/a...icles-sum6.cfm

When you buy goods from a trader, you enter into a legally binding contract governed by the Sale of Goods Act 1979, as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. If you buy a used car from a trader it must be of satisfactory quality, fit for the purpose, and as described. Obviously a very old car with a high mileage will not be as good as a newer car with a low mileage, but it should still be fit for use on the road, in a condition which reflects its age and price, and reliable.

Traders cannot take away consumers rights by using terms such as ‘sold as seen’. Your legal rights are reduced if you buy a car from a private seller or an auction. If you buy a used car via the internet, you may have additional rights under the Distance Selling Regulations.
    If you have a problem with a used car, you have a short time after buying it to reject the car. If the fault was present when you bought the car, you do have other remedies such as repair or replacement. It is recommended you always follow up complaints with the details in writing, and keep copies of all correspondence. As a last resort, you may need to consider taking court action. Remember, used cars may have some faults, but they should not be excessive. Fair wear and tear is not considered to be a fault.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It does sound like the usual SCV fault, thats about the only major fault with the 3.0. where as everything goes wrong with the 1.9.
    I would still take it back though, looks like someone may have fiddled with the eml to hide a problem with the old girl..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeh wondered if it's the scv's starting to go.
    I have phoned them and now sent an e mail, so I will wait and see before I take further action

Nick

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, I can't really help with the problem but I can sympathise.

I bought a signum with that same engine last week; similar issues with power loss and lumpy running. I took it back and it had various fault codes, ERG amongst others. I then started research and reading various forums and I got an idea of where this problem could lead.. (IE. numerous trips to the garage and back with no real cure).

So I demanded a refund and eventually got one. I had only had the car 5 days and done less than 150 miles though..... your problem could be the 1000 miles you have covered as the trader will probably argue fair 'wear and tear'.

Depends how old the car is, what you paid, any warranty given? etc etc.

Consumer direct may be able to help. I think you are going to be looking at using the sale of goods act to reject..... but you need to do something ASAP because the longer you keep it the more difficult it is to demand a complete refund or repair.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not sure I want a refund, as I know the 150 cdti is a lot more problematic.

But I have now e mailed trader and he is seeing what the warranty company will pay!!!!

Nick

Thread Information