Thread: england team/manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down england team/manager

Well what can i say? after pandering to the tabloid press and the FA having no balls to appoint the best man for the job.we were left with steve mclaren because he is english. no passion ,no guts ,no determination, **** system and a team of overpaid superstars for who putting on the englsh jersey may aswell be cardigan. makes my blood boil!!! had a team who should have won the world cup in 2002 but bottled it against the brazillians, had a great chance in euro 2004 and let portugal back in. now they are just a shadow of the team they once were. yes england have well and truly missed the boat and is hard to see how they can get it back with current crop of players, but worst of all is the man leading them, why oh why couldn't we get gus hiddink or big phil scolari??? everybody wanted an englishman for the national side (not me because i know they are all ****) well now we have one, and as they say you reap what you sow. the defense rests your honour

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

england are an enigma

Maclaren is not the man for the job as he is just a sven clone, if it were me i would have appointed martin o'neil....got the pedigree, passion and the will to win and would take no ****e from the premadonnas!!

What summed up the english media to me is that they expected to win in zagreb easily even though croatia have not lost there for 12 years

Anyway who cares as Scotland are top of their group

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

o'neil is a good club manager but can he do it at the highest level?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dezzie
    o'neil is a good club manager but can he do it at the highest level?
    In a word Yes...

Most of the clubs he has worked with before have all had serious constraints with regards to finance so basically he had to work with what he had and look at the results he has had. Look what he has done at Villa with the same players o'leary had, transformed the whole club.

England have very good players in most positions so there is nothing stopping them winning things, looks to me like they have a serious lack of motivaton and TBH would maclaren motivate you.....no would be my answer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

no he wouldn't!!!!!!!!!! if we had the passion of walter smith things would look up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

IMHO I think mclaren is ok....whilst watching the match last night I saw him barking orders, b0ll0cking players, and showing more passion and interest than sven did in the whole time he was england manager...I say give the bloke a chance its early days and he has only lost 1 match...(even though his 3,5,2 idea is ****e)

I say "he" what I really mean is that the players lost the match....their performance last night was pathetic...(gerrard sorely missed)
    In their respective teams they are the best..(supposedly ) but put them together and well...they dont seem to be able or want to perform...why...?? these guys earn massive amounts of money to do a job for their club....what do they get for performing for the national team...?? I dont know, but to me just the honour and sense of pride would be enough...(BTW Im not suggesting that they only peform if they get paid)..

Also the press puts a lot of pressure on the whole england thing..If they lose then they are worse than ****e....If they win.....hero status....

Football...its a funny old game...

P.S. well done to wales on a good win last night... and to Scotland who didnt win last night...but beat france last week....nice one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as much as i hate to say martin o'neil would have been right man for job no doubt but you have got to give sm time and bring back beckhamc'mon walter smith

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by daviek1690
    as much as i hate to say martin o'neil would have been right man for job no doubt but you have got to give sm time and bring back beckhamc'mon walter smith
    LOL thats hard for us to do davie...praise martin o'neill shhh dont tell anyone

Thread Information