Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default New Clutch and GB oil seal leak causing Notchy change

Hi Guys,

Need a bit of advice please.

I had my clutch and flywheel changed in february because the master cylinder was leaking and I was losing clutch pressure. The DMF was changed vauxhalls did a naff job of fitting a new one about 6 months previously. All seemed great for about two weeks after the new clutch went in etc and then i started to notice 1st to 2nd was getting tight. The then went through to 3rd as well as the problems seemed to get getting worse.I checked under the car 3 months later as I thought at first it might be to do with the wrong gearbox oil or somthing silly like that. Anyway after checking I can see that the leak is coming from the bottom of the Gearbox where it bolts onto the engine. my dad thinks that it is the gearbox oil seal inside the box. In the four months since the clutch has been changed it has lost 0.4l of Gearbox oil(toped it up at the weekend), but that should not account for the nothcy gear change. Adding the lost GB oil back in didn't get rid of the nochy change either.

before the clutch change I never had a notchy box or any kind of issues changing gear. Do you think that perhaps the clutch does not have enough clearance(change is easier the further up the box I go). If I double clutch between gears it can be a smoother change. Could the oil leak inside the box be causing this issue as it leaks on the flywheel and clutch?

Sorry for all the questions, but it does seem very strange for my car to develop this problem only 2 weeks after the clutch was changed. Mechanic who did the job is saying that it isn't anything to do with him and that it must be a new fault, but I do not agree. we have settled for him to strip the box and check where the fault is coming from(got to pay him £175 again) in the next couple of weeks for, but it would help me if i had a better understanding of what could be causing this fault so he doesn't fob me off again.

my vehicle is the '05' plate Vectra C 1.9cdti 120bhp 8v (6speed box)

Cheers
    Mark

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

UPDATE:

Thinking that the clutch must be catching because if i double clutch from 1st to 2nd and then to 3rd the change is mostly trouble free. Could it be that the release bearing is damaged or is covered in oil and therefore getting stuck from the gearbox oil seal leak?

HELP !!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mite need bleeding agen as it sounds like its not clearing as it should............the oil will make it slip

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bangty 1 View Post
    mite need bleeding agen as it sounds like its not clearing as it should............the oil will make it slip
    good point, as the chap doing it doesn't have a vacuum bleeder, so that could be contributing to the cause of the problem. the clutch was great for the first couple of weeks, is that possible to be good and then need a bleed?

I need him to strip back the box and fix the gearbox oil seal, do you think it would be worth doing the release bearing at the same time? it's just that this will be the third time that my GB has been out in a year and it's getting expensive !!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rowlybum1 View Post
    good point, as the chap doing it doesn't have a vacuum bleeder, so that could be contributing to the cause of the problem. the clutch was great for the first couple of weeks, is that possible to be good and then need a bleed?

I need him to strip back the box and fix the gearbox oil seal, do you think it would be worth doing the release bearing at the same time? it's just that this will be the third time that my GB has been out in a year and it's getting expensive !!
    mate with box out do everything to it clutch fly master the lot mate everything as like you find out it costs you £175 to get him to take it off agen when box is out you should do everything you can afford

Thread Information