0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Club

Engine : Y20DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 79k

Default new springs and shocks

i want to get new shockss ,springs, droplink for my car, only trouble is i want to lower it but dont think tesco do mods

all i want is a better ride from the car more softer i have B4 shocks on the rear and standard springs what do you recommend i want new springs but wich ones and new front shocks

also i hurd theres some uprated droplinks from saab for the vectra?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

These are the uprated front droplinks:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Saab-9-3SS-Mey...item41578ca0c5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lesjofors (pronounced lekkaforce) springs are good and reasonably priced. as are monroe shocks. I got a complete set of four shocks and four springs for my 2.0dti for 265quid from allparts.
    the uprated droplinks and new strut bearings is the way to go IMHO and it might be worth doing the rear droplinks and rear upper control arms too while everything else is being done.

hth ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by delberto View Post
    lesjofors (pronounced lekkaforce) springs are good and reasonably priced. as are monroe shocks. I got a complete set of four shocks and four springs for my 2.0dti for 265quid from allparts.
    the uprated droplinks and new strut bearings is the way to go IMHO and it might be worth doing the rear droplinks and rear upper control arms too while everything else is being done.

hth ;-)

do you get a better ride with your than standard shocks with these shocks and springs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you put lowering springs onto B4's you run the risk of constantly bottoming out, and eventually killing the shock. Much better to uprate them to B6's at LEAST, however B8's are recommended for drops over 30mm.
    I did however find a decent compromise between price and performance. I'm on Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks with Eibach springs all round. Very happy with the handling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

You want a softer ride? Short of fitting massive profile tyres and airbag suspension I reckon your non sports Vec has about a soft a ride as it's gonna get.

Also you mentioned lowering it, putting it closer to the ground is not gonna improve suspension comfort.

What size of wheels/tyres do you have fitted?

On a side note i'm not a big fan of the 'uprated' saab droplinks. You use an allen key to counter hold it when tightening as opposed to gen vx ones using spanner flats. I know which ones i'd rather remove in 2 years or so when they are all rusted up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

depends what you mean by better ride. the car is feels tighter, but not harsh. it doesn't feel like a boat that is constanly bobbing around like it did before and the handling is better as the roll is greatly reduced. all that sound like better handling to me but as said above- if its softer and bouncier you want then I have no clue lol

I chose mine as they are of or above vx OE standards and made by companies that have good names. and only dropping 15mm wont knacker the standard spec shocks nor affect your insurance as the minus 15 is virtually a standard fitting as most of the vecs have it. i think ;-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post
    You want a softer ride? Short of fitting massive profile tyres and airbag suspension I reckon your non sports Vec has about a soft a ride as it's gonna get.

Also you mentioned lowering it, putting it closer to the ground is not gonna improve suspension comfort.

What size of wheels/tyres do you have fitted?

On a side note i'm not a big fan of the 'uprated' saab droplinks. You use an allen key to counter hold it when tightening as opposed to gen vx ones using spanner flats. I know which ones i'd rather remove in 2 years or so when they are all rusted up
    i hurd lowerig it is a better ride than standard springs and shocks
    very true john i would rather use a spanner than allen key

Quote Originally Posted by delberto View Post
    depends what you mean by better ride. the car is feels tighter, but not harsh. it doesn't feel like a boat that is constanly bobbing around like it did before and the handling is better as the roll is greatly reduced. all that sound like better handling to me but as said above- if its softer and bouncier you want then I have no clue lol

I chose mine as they are of or above vx OE standards and made by companies that have good names. and only dropping 15mm wont knacker the standard spec shocks nor affect your insurance as the minus 15 is virtually a standard fitting as most of the vecs have it. i think ;-D
    so is your car better now than whenon standard shock and springs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

much better. the monroe shocks are uprated over oe spec so they keep things nice and tight along with the slightly lower and stiffer springs.
    As i said- i've got the vxr spec springs which do tend to sit 10mm higher at the front than the rear, when measured from the ground to arch, which suits me as my local council have bought up all the speed humps they could while they were going cheap and put them everywhere!!! lol
    I'm not a boy racer but the handling improvement definitely gives a much more secure feeling ride. I hear the eibach springs are great but the sit a little lower and I think my car would look silly perched on top of s speed island ;-)

Thread Information