0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Those lovely swirl flaps?

I realise that this is a problem that's received a lot of 'airtime', but perhaps I could get a bit of specific help from those best in the know. Firstly, my 2006 SRi CDTi 150 has now done 57k miles and suffers from very low power below 2000 revs (it always has done, right from when I bought it at 38k miles; I put it down to engine characteristics). I recently had the ECU remapped, which has brought the torque up nicely to 385Nm or so and an improvement in fuel economy, but the rolling road test showed up a varying 'wobble', as well as below par power figures (128.7bhp before remap and 153.6 after, so about 20 bhp down in both). The guy suggested it might be the egr, so I took it off and cleaned it thoroughly. It actually wasn't too bad plus the solenoid seemed to be operating 100%, with the little piston completely free. I've since had a close look at the swirl flap linkage. It's still in place and fairly clean around the black covers, but when I get my son to bring the revs up to 4000rpm, there doesn't seem to be any movement ie the linkage pins remain at about one o'clock on each of the flap caps, if this makes sense. Should they move? In the Pierburg pdf, the pins seem to be at 10 o'clock, with the flaps open. Can the flaps be freed up or is it a full intake manifold and drive module replacement? If so, where's the best place to get these items cheaply and is there a definitive list of all the bits? Any help would be much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get him in the car while you look at the flaps, turn ignition on & start engine, revving slightly even just 1-2 k rpm should make the swirls move all the way & back again, if you have no movement the actuator motor could be at fault or there's a connecting rod underneath that may have come off, other than that the swirls maybe stuck.

Thread Information