User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ever been so annoyed you just had to phone back up to complain.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ever been so annoyed you just had to phone back up to complain.

I was today.

My partner phoned up virgin tody to cancel only for the woman on the end of the line to sit there saying that she was lying about the Sky package we had bought, telling her that she needs to have a think as she has got it all wrong. Then asking her repeatedly for my number as she was going to phone me and tell me that i had it all wrong and virgin were better than what sky could possibly offer us. she went on to say how my she was going to be waiting for my gf to phone back in a month when she realised that she had made a massive mistake going to sky. How we couldnt get broadband with sky it was only dial up and the like.

She kept her on the phone for 30mins and my gf was rather upset and intimidated by her.

I ended up phoning up and taling to some guy who just did not sound surprised by it after seeing who i had dealt with.

Just couldnt believe that the woman was so rude though, not the first time i have heard this about virgin either.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I called up Telstra regarding a Service disruption (Couldn't connect to the internet, when you're a student that is absolutely the most stressful time of you're life)
    Got patched through to the outsource call centre (india) and was told there was no problem with the network after they pinged the modem. Whilst on the phone there was still zero network.
    I was told to wait 2 hours, and they'd send a tech out in the morning
    I waited 2 hours, by that time it was 3am and I was over it. Went to bed, that was it.
    Next day, stayed home from work, and class to wait for this so called tech. Never arrived. Call back, got the same indian call centre. Asked to speak to the local tech supervisor and was told he was away at lunch (At 5pm....)

At the end of all these calls you are asked "How do you rate this call, did it solve you're problem." Since it didn't I'd select 1, for the lowest score. After back and forth for 3 calls, and 3 low scores, I received a call from an Australian customer service rep regarding my poor rating. I told her what had happened, and only then did I finally receive word that Yes, there was a local undiscovered fault, and it will be rectified within 12 working hours.

After all this, and after the internet connection had been restored I was obviously stoked as I could now study (HAH ) and submit my due assignments, and then it occured to me.... It's taken 4 days for what is essentially something A) after I call them regarding the issue they should have discovered. And B) Why should I put up with the run around the outsourced call centre gave me.

I called up "Operator" and asked for telstra customer service. I was greeted by a well spoken lady and was asked what was the issue. I told her what had happened and she frankly told me this happens often, and that the overseas Tech support was contracted to another company, and could not offer the required service I needed. I told her that all the contact numbers I was supplied routed to Over seas tech support and she was apologetic, but that was the way things were being done now to save costs.

In the end I was given 6 months unlimited cable internet for the troubles, with the local fault being raised and fixed.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I've had a few high blood pressure moments with them. Best to ring in on the Customer Service number as half the minions seem to have no idea of how to deal with customers, or even speak english properly. Once you get through to someone higher up that knows what they're on about it's usually ok. Not had as many technical probs with Virgin compared to when we were with Sky, and Sky customer service was no better.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Also better to go through to retentions as there uk based, and not a overseas muppet reading from a script

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, the bloke i spoke to when i phone back to complain was just a normal service rep ad he was very apologetic and to be honest quite a nice bloke. I couldnt go mad at him as he seemed very helpful and was pretty good about it.

The only thing is i dont know whats happening, he said if your not happy send letter to head office, but i dont know whether to expect a call back or anything.

Spenny any idea?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The thing to realise about off-shored, outsourced call centres is that they get financially penalised for having to refer a complaint to the UK operation, so they'll say anything to convince you not to complain, right down to the agent you're talking to suddenly claiming to be the Director of Operations and therefore the most senior person you're going to be allowed to talk to. Hang up. Google to get a phone number for the company's uk office and complain to them.

If you're having trouble with a UK call centre, don't waste your breath. Use Google to find out the name of the Director of Customer Services, phone the head office demanding to speak to that person. You won't get put through to them, but you will get put through to either the head office complaints dept or the people who deal with complaints on behalf of the Directors. These people are usually much better trained than the call centre monkeys, and have much more authority to do sensible things like admit their company has messed up and do what it takes to sort it out. Be warned though that the call centre clowns will often deny that this department exists, because they don't want you telling them the truth.

Lastly, if a company is notorious for having rubbish call centre staff (Sky is a classic example), don't waste your time telling the monkey that you want to speak to his/her supervisor or manager - the manager will be just as much of a moron - if he/she wasn't, then they would have trained their staff properly in the first place, weeded out the monkeys who seem to get in an argument with every customer and intervened on your particular phone call when they overheard from their desk that it wasn't going well.

Thread Information