Thread: My new car - a write up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default My new car - a write up

My new car arrived the other week so after driving it for the last three weeks I thought I’d write up my thoughts now I have sold on the Vectra. It kinda draw a conclusion to my Vectra-c days.....

Exterior

I had the choice of Black, White or grey. I chose white because of the contrast between the roof and body it has black mirrors that look pretty cool. Looking at other cars on the market, I’d say it has the best cabin and rear design. I am less keen on the front which is a little weedy for me. A Grille would have made a difference. I prefer the GT line nose, but for the time being, the current one stays put.

I did a little vid of the roof conversion Apparently its the fastest in the market. Not sure how to embed it in this write up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brocksu...n/photostream/

Interior

The front is pretty good and seats are comfy. Having a Renault Scenic in the household with its nice colour computer graphic dash, I find this a step back with big LCD display reminding me of 1980s pocket computer games like donkey Kong. The built in TOM TOM is basically a Go Live with all the features you find on higher end TOM TOMs. Its controls seamed a little clumsy at first compared to a traditional device but I am used to it now and it is pretty intuitive. The large screen is clear and easy to read.

The biggest **** up as I see it is the Aux input. Renault have used RCA connectors (although a 3mm jack and USB connection are options). However they have been placed near the drinks holder and removeable ash try/pot. The result is that using the aux in plugs makes it impossible to use the drinks holder or place the removeable pot in the stowage.

The rear is a no go zone for adults. I have put my 3 and 5 year olds in there but they didn’t have much room. There are also only two rear seats so for me, family trips out are not possible unless we leave one behind. ( some may say that is not a bad thing ).

The roof is glass so even with the roof up, the light inside is amazing. It
    does have a sun screen though I never use it.

Boot

As expected, the boot as small and not that practical. However I see that as a plus. You would not believe the number of bin bags I have filled with stuff from the back of the Vectra that was just left in the boot as it was out of the way. Now I have no boots space I am keeping it much tidier!

Driving

The car is pretty frugal on the motorway giving me 68 MPG. That soon nose dives off the motorway and is am averaging about 43MPG overall. The car is designed with comfort rather than speed which sounds kinda backward for a coupe. There are some drains on the shartston link between the M60 and M56 that would shake the Vectra Sri to bits. The Megane hardly notices them. However with a softer suspension and more body roll, I am less tempted to throw the car into a corner.

It gets worse with the roof down. I can see the windscreen flexing and looking in the mirror I am convincd there is a universal joint connecting the front to the rear. That said cruising at 70MPH with the roof up is very quiet and even with the roof down the built in wind defector keeps a lot of the air noise down.

With the foot down it does pick up well but with the weight of the rear hydraulics, it is not as quick as I expected and the tail does seam to want to do its own thing.

I have bought a back seat wind deflector that means that even at 70mph, the draft in the car is minimal.

Other Comments

The car does not like havingthe roof opened and closed parked on a verge. I opened the roof with the car at about 20 degrees roll the other day...Bang..the boot came down 1" out of alignment. Rolled the car off the verge onto the flat and all ok again.

With the front passenger seat forward, I can't get hold of the hand brake. I wish this car had the Autohandbrake option fitted!

Reversing sensors are prtty much essential...May retro fit.

Speakers distort at high volume on the motorway with the roof down.

Cruise control works well and the dash board has a light telling you when to change gear which suggets I can do 30 in 5th/6th. The engine doesn't seam to mind that.

Handsfree isn't as good as my old Parrot but passable. I usually end up having to shout which isn't great with hte roof down. Call me Dom Holy....<HELLO...YEH IM DRIVING.....>

Over all, It is no speed merchant but is a comfortable and relaxing ride. The small boot and removeable roof makes it impossible for me personally to use it as a dumping ground for stray tools, bits of golf and camera kit etc. The modding opportunities are not so great which again is not a bad thing. Overall I am happy....Now where that detailing product price list?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry dont like renaults but all the best mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Twins:

(Pandy3.2V6's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

At first glance i thought i'd mis-read ...

But i suppose a new car " write up " is better than a new car " write off " .

May you enjoy it for a long time .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mmm not for me, sorry. The first pic looks more like "His n Hers" cars.

spoons

Steve, Nice house and the cars look good in front of it

Have fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

looks a good car for you . glad your happy . khalid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR, VW Tiguan R-line Tech, Vivaro.

Trim : Nav

Engine : Various

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Hope you enjoy it and it gives you good service, but not my cup of tea.
    After owning 2 x Laguna 1.9dci Sport Tourers and the cost of putting them right after warrenties ran out, kinda puts me off Renaults for life !

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I went from a Vectra Elite (3.2) to a Laguna, and although the build quality isnt upto much, i quite like it.
    Mine is a Laguna II phase II so most (if not all) the problems on the previous car have been ironed out.
    I also have the 2.0DCI (150) which is FAR superior to the 1.9 and 2.2 DCI's (and sorry to say, that of the vectra 1.9 CDTI), and seem very reliable!!! (touches wood).

Oh and i quite like your new motor, Could do with been a bit 'meaner' looking though!

Hope it serves you well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

can i book an appointment i need short back and sides and a trim on top our lass will have a full perm.

LOL

on the bright side nice car but not my cuppa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information