StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Independants

Hi
    I am new to the site and can see the threads about good and bad Vx dealers but just wondered if there was a similar thread for independants, I have looked and cant see one. If there isnt does anyone know how good or bad this outfit are http://www.threearchesgarage.co.uk/

I have a 3.2 V6 Elite that needs a cambelt change and as I live in Blackpool but work in Blackburn its tempting for me particularly as they quoted £90 less than the main dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I didnt get a response from the forum but I did ask around at work and found one lad that uses this garage and recommended it so took the plunge.

The lad running it is main dealer trained having spent 9 years with them and employs two other lads. Nice tidy premises with three ramps and when I arrived there were 5 vehicles in and 4 were VX. Asked about tensioner kit and was shown same and genuine VX parts so I was happy. He seems to have all the diagnostic gear as well. Left the car and got a call just after 1.00pm car ready. Picked car up and was shown the belt and pulley kit taken off of mine. The belt was just starting to discolour in the grooves and was becoming smooth and one of pulleys was worn the car has done 74k by the way. He had also noticed a bracket holding up the exhaust had gone and replaced it gratis.

Got a quote for changing plugs for recommended ones at £70 so I will be going back. Hope this helps anyone who is useless around cars like me, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to know

great feeling when you find a garage that doesnt rip you off and does good work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only just seen this im in blackpool as well where the garage you found as my cambelt is due soon
    as for plugs dont get the bosh (i think their called super four) vx fits them but been told off here their no good for the v6 as the spark blows out or something like that i bought denso ik22 and took the plunge and fitted them my self seems easy now to do a good hour and half work but will save you money doing it your self
    also as you live in blackpool if your engine manegment light ever comes dont pay to get hooked up to a fault checker i have one here you can use for free
    hope this helps
    if you get 5 mins can you drop us a message on the garage you found as the one i normanly use lost faith in them they messed a cambelt up on my last car

Thread Information