Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Gave my car it's first.. MUCH needed detail

Here are some pics of my efforts on Sunday
    The car was covered in tiny little scratches, as if somehad had been washing the car with a wire brush lol... everytime the sun hit the paintwork you could see the wash lines

Started off by giving it a full clean using the 2 bucket method using turtle wax shampoo (I never go fancy on shampoo, I don't see the point) and a Meguiars lambswool wash mit.

Dried the paintwork with Meguairs water Magnet, and clayed the car with Meguairs Clay Kit (Clay bar & Quick Detailer) Destroyed both clay bars, and went through nearly 2 bottles of quick detailer (Was really suprised for a car that's not even 4 years old)

By this time it was dinner, and my arms were aching, and the sun was beaming so I left the car for a few hours until about 7/8 o'clock when the sun was setting and the weather had cooled off, I then treated the car to a complete polish using Auto Glym Super Resin Polish, and finally treating the car to Auto Glym Ultra Gloss Wax... Here are some pics (I didn't take many)

Note: Picture 2 tries to show the polished panel compared to the non polished panel.... you can probably guess which is which

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That last pic could be straight out of a magazine shoot judging by the shine off that bonnet- well done mate looks klas!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by GrantAbs7 View Post
    That last pic could be straight out of a magazine shoot judging by the shine off that bonnet- well done mate looks klas!!!
    Wow! All them hours of cleaning (and my STILL aching arm) are worth it just for that one comment
    Thankyou!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looking good well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Great job mate. Worth all the effort can't beat a well polished black motor. Top job pal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

top job you have done there . next time to safe your arms and your wallet dont use to much polish . you just need a thin layer on it at a time . khalid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Deann View Post
    Wow! All them hours of cleaning (and my STILL aching arm) are worth it just for that one comment
    Thankyou!
    Youre welcome dude, you deserve it.

My turn tmr- as sad as it is im actually getting an early night so i can get cracking with my clay bar kit early tmr morning before work at 4.30... this has inspired me (otherwise i wouldnt get out of bed till 3ish lol...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Top job there

Couple of comments id like to bring up though.

Started off by giving it a full clean using the 2 bucket method using turtle wax shampoo (I never go fancy on shampoo, I don't see the point)
    Dried the paintwork with Meguairs water Magnet, and clayed the car with Meguairs Clay Kit (Clay bar & Quick Detailer) Destroyed both clay bars, and went through nearly 2 bottles of quick detailer (Was really suprised for a car that's not even 4 years old)
    You must have spent around £25+ to clay your car once, but your happy spending £5 on 5lt of cheap shampoo that will last you about a year. So as most clay their cars twice a year thats £50 a year and £5 over a year to wash it once a week. Sorry but IMO better to spend £10 on BH Clay where you'll use half a bar a year and lube it with free water and the £40 you save you could buy good quality shampoo that will enhance the paint work on a weekly basis. Id defiantly recommend Zymol Auto Wash which is on offer at Halfords on 3 for 2 at £6.99 a bottle, so youd get 9 bottles for less than £42 which would equate to about 18 month of washing at once a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have to agree with Dasrab,i use Megs golg class shampoo,lovely stuff compared to the halfords stuff i used before,it's now used for the wheels,love the BH clay bar,1st time my car has been done with it,still have 1/2 the bar left,so i'll do it again in october to cover for the winter grime/salt etc

looking good there for a hand polish,your next investment will be a DA....................Makes life so much easier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Top job there

Couple of comments id like to bring up though.

You must have spent around £25+ to clay your car once, but your happy spending £5 on 5lt of cheap shampoo that will last you about a year. So as most clay their cars twice a year thats £50 a year and £5 over a year to wash it once a week. Sorry but IMO better to spend £10 on BH Clay where you'll use half a bar a year and lube it with free water and the £40 you save you could buy good quality shampoo that will enhance the paint work on a weekly basis. Id defiantly recommend Zymol Auto Wash which is on offer at Halfords on 3 for 2 at £6.99 a bottle, so youd get 9 bottles for less than £42 which would equate to about 18 month of washing at once a week.
    Fantastic stuff that zymol, got 3 for 2 at halfords, wont use anything else now HIGHLY recommended from me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information