Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Vectra SRi

Engine : 2.2direct Z22YH

Year : 2006

Mileage : 54600

Default Car with spanner warning light

Hi all.

Today my car ''technically'' broke down on me today.

It was all fine until I joined a queue of traffic in the heat (temp gauge @ 93 degrees), then after about 5 mins of queuing, the car/spanner light came on whilst engine running. This then cut the engine about after about 1 minute of pulling away.

It re-started ok but light still on with engine running, then engine cut out again. This process happened several times and a gent kindly gave me a tow off the dual carraigeway into a layby.

After waiting about 40 mins, I started the car and light stayed on with ignition, but off with engine running so proceded to get it home. The light stayed off.

The light currently stays off whilst engine running as I have started it up a few times tonight. Anyone know if the fault could of been self-rectified???

Would it be worth getting a fault code reader or a garage to check out out in case this happens again???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Casper85 View Post
    Hi all.

Today my car ''technically'' broke down on me today.

It was all fine until I joined a queue of traffic in the heat (temp gauge @ 93 degrees), then after about 5 mins of queuing, the car/spanner light came on whilst engine running. This then cut the engine about after about 1 minute of pulling away.

It re-started ok but light still on with engine running, then engine cut out again. This process happened several times and a gent kindly gave me a tow off the dual carraigeway into a layby.

After waiting about 40 mins, I started the car and light stayed on with ignition, but off with engine running so proceded to get it home. The light stayed off.

The light currently stays off whilst engine running as I have started it up a few times tonight. Anyone know if the fault could of been self-rectified???

Would it be worth getting a fault code reader or a garage to check out out in case this happens again???
    buy your own fault code reader...it would be cheaper than paying a garage to read the code....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : z

Trim : z

Engine : z

Year : z

Quote Originally Posted by robengland9 View Post
    buy your own fault code reader...it would be cheaper than paying a garage to read the code....

Search eBay for "U480 code reader"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I drive a 2.2 Sri Direct Vectra (06 plate), would this U480 reader work for my car ok???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : z

Trim : z

Engine : z

Year : z

Quote Originally Posted by Casper85 View Post
    I drive a 2.2 Sri Direct Vectra (06 plate), would this U480 reader work for my car ok???
    Can't see why not. I've never tried it on that model, but it works on my 2002 2.2DTi SRi, and my 2006 1.9CDTi SRi. Also used it to read codes on an X reg Astra 2.0 DTi, and a 2005 Corsa 1.4.

HTH

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Casper I had the same problem with my Vectra 2.2 06 plate.

I had the same symptoms as your car, i did some digging on this site and pin pointed the problem down to two possible problems. Either a faulty high pressure fuel pump or a faulty pressure fuel regulator. A member on here stated that if the car cuts out it will be the pressure fuel regulator if the car goes into limp mode it will be the fuel pump.

Vauxhalls did a recall on all Vectras 2.2 models to have an upgraded pressure fuel regulator fitted. I phoned up my local Vauxhall Garage they confirmed the recall I had my fuel regulator changed and it has sorted the problem. The spanner light now also extinguishes on stage two of the ignition meaning there are no faults stored. I have been in slow moving traffic and all is now fine and it didn't cost me anything to fix.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rocket999 View Post
    Casper I had the same problem with my Vectra 2.2 06 plate.

I had the same symptoms as your car, i did some digging on this site and pin pointed the problem down to two possible problems. Either a faulty high pressure fuel pump or a faulty pressure fuel regulator. A member on here stated that if the car cuts out it will be the pressure fuel regulator if the car goes into limp mode it will be the fuel pump.

Vauxhalls did a recall on all Vectras 2.2 models to have an upgraded pressure fuel regulator fitted. I phoned up my local Vauxhall Garage they confirmed the recall I had my fuel regulator changed and it has sorted the problem. The spanner light now also extinguishes on stage two of the ignition meaning there are no faults stored. I have been in slow moving traffic and all is now fine and it didn't cost me anything to fix.
    When I bought the car 4 and a half years ago, I didn't get any paper work about this recall. Only recall my car has had (that I'm aware of) is for a handbrake modification. I shall ring up my local Vauxhall dealer 1st thing tomorrow and see if anything can be done. For a very long time the spanner light has stayed on with ignition until engine starts, but according to the handbook in the glove box it should only come on briefly with ignition.

Thread Information