Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default CSA - Anyone dealing with them

I have a son from a previous relationship which she ended may i add before she found out she was up the duff and have been paying maintenance for him through a private agreement which i had with his mother. Up until christmas i had had a reasonable relationship with her , and also helped out with birthdays and christmases as you do which currently arent cheap

She found out i got married last year and then reported me to the CSA in March , i am assuming she thought she would have got more money , she does, an extra £20 per month. Now she has cut all contact i ever had with her and him, she has changed her mobile number for whatever reason, i do have her address and house phone number but i was greeted by the new partner "advising" me not to phone again or i would be visited by the scrony little **** ........

They only take the date of the first contact so for me was the 23rd March, and they advised me NOT to make anymore payments to her until this had been sorted which i didnt, i submitted all info they needed , then they told me i was in arrears , from this date and i had to pay it ALL up front ........ i told them no, so they split it some how in a percentage of 2 payments on TOP of your CSA payments

They dont take into consideration ANY payments you have made even if receipts are produced, and even if the other party was claiming benefits while receiving money from me

I called them up yesterday and asked them if i could pay it weekly into her account directly , they told me no as SHE wants it monthly, what about what i want !!!!!

I am at my wits end with these no good folk who think they know everything, and only listen to one side , they dont come and go with you, there word is final and all that crap

Now the CSA take 15% of your take home pay, after deductions ONLY if you are supporting any other children in your household

So they take your monthly take home pay, less 20% for the 2 kids (under my roof) and then award 15% for the one kid

Its a prime example in my case where a disgruntled ex is abusing the CSA , as it was set up for Non Resident Parents (NRP) who dont pay anything towards the up keep of their kids , The Child Support Agency (is, to say the very least, a blunt instrument presented to one parent to wield against the other, and is costing the tax payer £460m a year to run

Thats 40p in every pound !!

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/opinion/...-does-not-work

Now i have tried to call her and bargain with her that if she calls them off we will go back to the original agreement (no hard feelings) and i will continue to pay what i was, if she goes through the CSA then all she will get from me is what the CSA agreed , nothing else and only a card at christmas and birthdays, do you think this is wrong of me, should i continually send money for christmas and birthdays or should i play at her own game here

I feel like walking from my job, getting JSA , paying her a £5 and living off the flippin social !!!!

But got to many folk on mates rates deal so there package would increase

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had dealings with the csa, same thing as you, had an arrangment then suddenly a massive bill from the csa, i was advised to get a good female solicitor who knew how to deal with the csa, she was super, took all my correspondence with the csa and got it sorted even got my ex into the family division of the courts so i could get access to the kids, best of luck mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've dealt with them in the past and they were ****** useless too be honest. Have a private agreement with the kids mum and so far it's ok. The CSA actually wanted less from me than what I pay her, but I'd rather I know it goes direct to her than through some organisation I don't trust at all! Plus I get to have them every weekend too so hopefully things will stay like that.

Re- birthdays Xmas, it's entirely up to u mate, not for us to tell you what to do. If you saw him on his birthday etc it might be different. Depends what his mum does with the £ you send every month, does he get some of it as pocket money??

Hope u get it sorted soon Paul

All the best mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
    I've dealt with them in the past and they were ****** useless too be honest. Have a private agreement with the kids mum and so far it's ok. The CSA actually wanted less from me than what I pay her, but I'd rather I know it goes direct to her than through some organisation I don't trust at all! Plus I get to have them every weekend too so hopefully things will stay like that.

Re- birthdays Xmas, it's entirely up to u mate, not for us to tell you what to do. If you saw him on his birthday etc it might be different. Depends what his mum does with the £ you send every month, does he get some of it as pocket money??

Hope u get it sorted soon Paul

All the best mate
    I dont know what it goes on mate , i only paid what we had agreed, but he doesn't go without and he does football, and a few other sports,

I dont see him, tried to set up visitations , but due to distance (400 miles) i dont see on a regular basis

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Cdti150

Trim : Sri

Year : 06

Really boils me when mothers stop the childs dad from seeing their kids. Does she think she is just hurting you? does she not know that all she is doing is hurting her own flesh and blood by stopping him seeing you. As a mother i would never want to purposely hurt my own children.
    Birthday and christmas..what about setting up a savings account for him so instead of giving his mother money for him put some in the account for christmas and birthdays. Then when you gain contact you can always show him that you never forgot about his birthdays and christmas
    Sorry i can't be of much help.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nicj View Post
    Birthday and christmas..what about setting up a savings account for him so instead of giving his mother money for him put some in the account for christmas and birthdays. Then when you gain contact you can always show him that you never forgot about his birthdays and christmas
    Sorry i can't be of much help.
    I did tell her i would seek a court order to force her to travel on a regular basis so its a 50/50 monthly thing, however all of a sudden he doesnt want to see me or speak to me , and i dont want to put him through any un neccessary stress,

I never thought of doing that, might be the way forward

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would have put her new partner right since its your kid. he can f*** right off, who does he think he is?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Knox View Post
    I would have put her new partner right since its your kid. he can f*** right off, who does he think he is?
    I did mate , but couldnt put up what was said , i cant force the issue as they may change the house number and then thats me lost all contact

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Big Knox View Post
    If Spenny and his partner were never married, then legally its not his 'kid'. He doesnt have any 'legal' parental responsibility for that child unless he applied for it and was given it in a court or has adopted the child afterwards. Regardless if his name is on the birth certificate or not.

The childs mother's new partner has as much 'legal' parental responsibility as the natural father if they were never married

Its all very wrong, but its the law.

spoons

Also to add my information might be out of date but any payments that have been made 'voluntarily' outside a court agreement may not be recognised by the CSA.

If they want to investigate the case it could be that back payments are awarded to the mother (regardless of payments already made).

Back payments will also accrue interest if not paid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information