0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2013

confused Help - Iphone 4

Hi

I have an Iphone 4 and want to put a cradle in the car so that I can play music/answer the phone(not sure if this can be done!). I have noticed that people use Brodit fittings, but confused on how to HARD wire the cradle and which cradle to buy. (I don't want cables just floating around the heater controls), so any recomendations /help would be appreciated. Also for info I have the CD70 with Aux input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What i did was put mine in the cup holder by the handbrake. It needs modification to remove the sides of the holder so its flush, but after doing that with a hot knife the iPhone sits nicely in the gap.

I then put a 2 way ciggy lighter thing in the arm rest wired off the rear ciggy lighter and the iphone power cable then pops up into the cup holder through a drilled hole.

Its a nice tidy install, and with the cup holder lid closed its as if nothing has been changed!

Wiring is pretty easy.. the two wires from the extension sockets to wire directy to the existing wires. You would only be able to play using a jack plug to the Aux in and will only be able to use the iphone to change tracks etc. Not sure how it would work in conjuction with the phone functions... i guess you would get the person on the end of the line through the speakers, but your voice would rely on the iphones mic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Aidi View Post
    What i did was put mine in the cup holder by the handbrake. It needs modification to remove the sides of the holder so its flush, but after doing that with a hot knife the iPhone sits nicely in the gap.

I then put a 2 way ciggy lighter thing in the arm rest wired off the rear ciggy lighter and the iphone power cable then pops up into the cup holder through a drilled hole.

Its a nice tidy install, and with the cup holder lid closed its as if nothing has been changed!

Wiring is pretty easy.. the two wires from the extension sockets to wire directy to the existing wires. You would only be able to play using a jack plug to the Aux in and will only be able to use the iphone to change tracks etc. Not sure how it would work in conjuction with the phone functions... i guess you would get the person on the end of the line through the speakers, but your voice would rely on the iphones mic.
    Do have any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by suresh.chohan View Post
    Hi

I have an Iphone 4 and want to put a cradle in the car so that I can play music/answer the phone(not sure if this can be done!). I have noticed that people use Brodit fittings, but confused on how to HARD wire the cradle and which cradle to buy. (I don't want cables just floating around the heater controls), so any recomendations /help would be appreciated. Also for info I have the CD70 with Aux input.
    Look on MobileFun Web Site they normally have various car Kits
    Also Parrot
    And Bury CC do various kits

Thread Information