Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Insignia 2.0T 4x4 V Audi A4 3.2 V6 FSi

As the title suggests...
    Insignia hatch 2.0 turbo petrol 4x4 220PS against an Audi A4 3.2 petrol V6 261PS.

The Audi on 0-60 is quicker on paper but is it faster on overtaking, ie 30-70, 50-80? Reason for the post...

I was behind one of these the other day, both of us stuck behind slow moving traffic on single lane twisties. I have no idea if it was manual/auto or 2/4 wheel drive.

When the opportunity came we both overtook, accelerating from 45ish mph. I'm presuming he has his foot in the carpet, yet I was gaining on him quite considerably.

Not being a boy racer I simply kept pace with him but through the bends he was (let's say) impeding my progress a great deal.

So was he 2WD against my 4WD? Was he just a crap driver? In real life driving is the Sig 2.0T 4x4 up to giving this "premium" motor a run for it's money?

Let's say he was giving it the beans. Maybe this is proof that 0 to 60 times are meaningless. It's the 30 to 70, 50 to 80 times that are important in the "real" world.

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

30-80 far more important for real world driving.

Both big cars but the insig has a great engine in it. I am not too hot on the VW v6's as I always had the turbo cars. But would imagine it has enough power to go if it really wants. What is the weight of the two vehicles. I know the insig is heavy car what about the Audi.

Depends what gear he was in also I suppose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know what your saying but the other day I had someone in a diesel zaffy try to pass me. He pulled next to me and that's as far as he got. I could tell from the black smoke he must of been flat out in forth and change into fifth. He probably thought he did quite well against a 3.0 Subaru. Thing is I never changed out of fifth, I could of stuck it in third.

You never know what the other driver is doing or thinking. Only way to really tell is on a track when your all in the same frame of mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Maybe the Audi driver didn't want to waste too much fuel, given how expensive it is nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Reminiscent of the Vectra 2.0T vs. Vectra 3.2 V6 GSI debate. With similar results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    Maybe the Audi driver didn't want to waste too much fuel, given how expensive it is nowadays.
    Pfft, tell me about it. Fuel's a killer. £85 to fill it up, 30mpg on a run max, 16mpg giving it the beans. Lucky I don't do too many miles a year but I'm dreading the mpg when I hitch the caravan to the back!

The Sig is a cool looking car - I was parked next to Jag (XJ??) the other day & they're almost idenical. A lot of people thought my Signum was an Audi at first glance too. Are Vx designers looking over the shoulders of premium brand designers?

I went for the 2.0T petrol after being spoilt by the 3.0 V6 diesel Signum. I have to say the 4x4 is awesome - although haven't experienced it coping with winter driving yet.

It's a pleasure to drive & I take the mpg on the chin. I jump in and chant over & over... "resist the sport button, drive like a nun, resist the sport button, drive like a nun."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you'll find the 4x4 is pretty good in the snow , had great fun in my VXR last year ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Audi would have been a Quattro for sure. I think anything over 2.0 the 4x4 is standard on them. It deffo is on the 3.0 plus sizes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by RhayaderSax View Post
    Pfft, tell me about it. Fuel's a killer. £85 to fill it up, 30mpg on a run max, 16mpg giving it the beans. Lucky I don't do too many miles a year but I'm dreading the mpg when I hitch the caravan to the back!

The Sig is a cool looking car - I was parked next to Jag (XJ??) the other day & they're almost idenical. A lot of people thought my Signum was an Audi at first glance too. Are Vx designers looking over the shoulders of premium brand designers?

I went for the 2.0T petrol after being spoilt by the 3.0 V6 diesel Signum. I have to say the 4x4 is awesome - although haven't experienced it coping with winter driving yet.

It's a pleasure to drive & I take the mpg on the chin. I jump in and chant over & over... "resist the sport button, drive like a nun, resist the sport button, drive like a nun."

Ha ha comparing an insignia to an XJ Jag

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alanv6 View Post
    Ha ha comparing an insignia to an XJ Jag
    Well forgive me for not knowing which model Jag. It's a Jag. Therefore out of my price league & only worth a cursory "drool." I couldn't be bothered further than that. How does XF sound? Parked side by side the resemblance was striking - very similar profile, silhouette, length... and oddly, I'm not alone - try reading HERE & HERE & I could go on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information