User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: F.F.S.Rear Gearbox Mounting gone now

  1. #1
    Regular Member MURDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Co.Clare, Ireland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS Sport Z18XE

    Trim : Matt Sivler

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 170,000

    Default F.F.S.Rear Gearbox Mounting gone now

    1 thing after another at the moment.

    anyone knowng if changing the rear gearbox mounting on a 1.8 SRI is easy enough, or what would be involved.

    Got a quote from a mechanic, for around 130 euro including the bush/mounting.

    Not sure if worth paying out that much if i could do myself.

    cheers in advance.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Worksop
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    wot does ur car do ie noise etc to no this as gone bud

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    just jack up / support engine , g/box and unbolt mount then replace .
    easier if you have access to a ramp obviously

  4. #4
    Regular Member MURDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Co.Clare, Ireland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS Sport Z18XE

    Trim : Matt Sivler

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 170,000

    Default

    getting a bit of a nock when going up and down the gears. its not permanent, but if the torq is a bit high when changing up you'd notice it more.

    Rear bush is what mechy told me, so don't wanna pay him if thats not what it is.

    Would like to have a squizz over the weekend to see if i can check it myslef.

  5. #5
    Regular Member MURDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Co.Clare, Ireland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS Sport Z18XE

    Trim : Matt Sivler

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 170,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrster View Post
    just jack up / support engine , g/box and unbolt mount then replace .
    easier if you have access to a ramp obviously
    Sounds straight forward enough. Where's the places i would support or jack it up, or would suggest what tools i need to do it myself.

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    get it up on axle stands if you cant get a ramp , then support the g/box at the base of the diff , use a trolley jack an block of wood , might be better to remove battery for access , remember to have radio code though !!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Worksop
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MURDO View Post
    getting a bit of a nock when going up and down the gears. its not permanent, but if the torq is a bit high when changing up you'd notice it more.

    Rear bush is what mechy told me, so don't wanna pay him if thats not what it is.

    Would like to have a squizz over the weekend to see if i can check it myslef.
    mines same were u get em from?

  8. #8
    Regular Member MURDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Co.Clare, Ireland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS Sport Z18XE

    Trim : Matt Sivler

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 170,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrster View Post
    get it up on axle stands if you cant get a ramp , then support the g/box at the base of the diff , use a trolley jack an block of wood , might be better to remove battery for access , remember to have radio code though !!
    Well. mechanic i went too said he'd get it for me, but not sure if i'll go back to him if i can do it myself. Would say any good autoparts place would have them, or main dealer if there not a silly price.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Keif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the Garage
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I've just done this (and my front mount) on my 2.0T.

    The mount costs about £50 trade. So will be a little more. (Vec-c membership would have saved you some Euros)

    It's all of three bolts for your 1.8. You'll need a 16mm socket and 11mm ring spanner to undo the two bolts through your subframe, and a T30 torx socket (or 14mm socket) for the engine bolt.

    As said, get the car as high as possible of axle stands and support the engine/box on a bit of wood on a trolley jack, then venture under the car.

  10. #10
    Regular Member MURDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Co.Clare, Ireland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS Sport Z18XE

    Trim : Matt Sivler

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 170,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keif View Post
    I've just done this (and my front mount) on my 2.0T.

    The mount costs about £50 trade. So will be a little more. (Vec-c membership would have saved you some Euros)

    It's all of three bolts for your 1.8. You'll need a 16mm socket and 11mm ring spanner to undo the two bolts through your subframe, and a T30 torx socket (or 14mm socket) for the engine bolt.

    As said, get the car as high as possible of axle stands and support the engine/box on a bit of wood on a trolley jack, then venture under the car.
    Thanks man.
    Probably gonna give this a go tomorrow. Hopefully all ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. brake pipes - engine subframe rear mounting
    By DaveG in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17th April 2012, 09:18
  2. Engine & Gearbox Mounting
    By redjohno in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th January 2011, 00:15
  3. PDA Mounting
    By Damian in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18th May 2007, 17:12

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •