User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: noise after replacing crankshaft pulley

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default noise after replacing crankshaft pulley

    Hi,can anyone help please,about a week ago the crankshaft on my 53reg 2.0 dti broke off,i drove home about a mile with the fan belt off,then i drove to the garage with no fan belt,about another mile,i bought a crankshaft pulley,not original part and had it replaced,the problem now is that there is a sqeeking noise comming from the fan belt and sounds abit rough on idle,i didnt change the fanbelt,could any of the other pulleys be damaged because i drove couple of miles without fan belt,also ive noticed the fan belt looks a bit loose when car is running as it slightly wobbles up&down,is that normal? but is pretty tight when engine off,just to add the crankshaft pulley broke while car was at idle.Any help would really be appreciated. thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postman111 View Post
    Hi,can anyone help please,about a week ago the crankshaft on my 53reg 2.0 dti broke off,i drove home about a mile with the fan belt off,then i drove to the garage with no fan belt,about another mile,i bought a crankshaft pulley,not original part and had it replaced,the problem now is that there is a sqeeking noise comming from the fan belt and sounds abit rough on idle,i didnt change the fanbelt,could any of the other pulleys be damaged because i drove couple of miles without fan belt,also ive noticed the fan belt looks a bit loose when car is running as it slightly wobbles up&down,is that normal? but is pretty tight when engine off,just to add the crankshaft pulley broke while car was at idle.Any help would really be appreciated. thanks
    Same problem as me, see my post of a couple of mins ago, aftermarket pulley seems to be the culprit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croxley View Post
    Same problem as me, see my post of a couple of mins ago, aftermarket pulley seems to be the culprit
    I bought mine off ebay,it was more solid than the original one i took off,this one off ebay didnt have the soft rubber on ther outside,have i f*ck*d up on this replacement part?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postman111 View Post
    I bought mine off ebay,it was more solid than the original one i took off,this one off ebay didnt have the soft rubber on ther outside,have i f*ck*d up on this replacement part?
    My original one broke away when it was idling, when I started in fact. I bought one on line for £80, got a local guy to replace it, ever since it has made noises, vibrated and squealed (a lot) prior to that it was fine.
    I've just bought a VX part which is totally different to the cheap one. In answer to your slightly naughty comment I would say yes.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    How much is the VX part? have you fitted it yet?

  6. #6
    Regular Member toon sri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    newcastle
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    170 m8

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toon sri View Post
    170 m8
    I paid £175+

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postman111 View Post
    How much is the VX part? have you fitted it yet?
    I'm in the process but having trouble getting the nut to shift!

  9. #9
    Regular Member Graham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Focus

    Trim : Titanium

    Engine : 1.6 TDCI

    Year : 62

    Mileage : 9K

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postman111 View Post
    I bought mine off ebay,it was more solid than the original one i took off,this one off ebay didnt have the soft rubber on ther outside,have i f*ck*d up on this replacement part?
    Was the one off ebay a lot heavier than the original you took off.?

    If so thats the reason for the noise on idle. Need to change it to an original vx pulley.

  10. #10
    Regular Member tosh23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    HULL
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Im wondering if you could do us all a favour..
    Could you weigh the original pulley ( if its all there) and also weigh the aftermarket part...
    I would love to know how much of a difference there is...
    Apparently the aftermarket one weighs alot more.
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138608

    In this thread I have posted the weight of the aftermarket part ..Is yours the same weight ??..
    Also does your pulley look like mine??/?....Tosh

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Crankshaft Pulley. Worth replacing?
    By Marky in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd August 2010, 22:09
  2. Crankshaft Pulley
    By 123ashleyp in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 5th March 2010, 12:37
  3. crankshaft pulley
    By djsoundman in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 20th November 2009, 12:05
  4. Crankshaft Pulley again!
    By ANDY H137 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st May 2009, 14:34
  5. Yet Another Crankshaft Pulley!
    By ANDY H137 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13th January 2008, 00:27

Visitors found this page by searching for:

vectra c crankshaft pulley noise

vectra dti bottom pulley broken

2.0 dth auxiliary belt running of centre

bottom pulley vectra c noisy

vectra c crank pulley broke

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •