User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Handbrake caliper spring?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheshire + East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Handbrake caliper spring?

    Hi all,

    Recently had my brakes replaced, but then handbrake wouldn't self adjust - Found the caliper handbrake spring butchered!!! So at present I've only got handbrake pressure on the left side.

    Prob is I've found these springs cannot be bought seperately??? You have to buy the whole caliper for the spring (££££ silly)

    Anyone know where I can get a spring please?

    My car is a '03 2.2DTi

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksh View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a spring please?
    Scrappies?

  3. #3
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

    Trim : design



    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksh View Post
    Hi all,

    Recently had my brakes replaced, but then handbrake wouldn't self adjust - Found the caliper handbrake spring butchered!!! So at present I've only got handbrake pressure on the left side.

    Prob is I've found these springs cannot be bought seperately??? You have to buy the whole caliper for the spring (££££ silly)

    Anyone know where I can get a spring please?

    My car is a '03 2.2DTi

    Thanks
    Hi, I've got a spring off a 1.9cdti (120) rear caliper - not sure if it is the same that is fitted to yours or if they are 'handed' - you can have it if its any good to you

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheshire + East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yeh had thought about scrappies, but I don't even know what I'm looking for truth be known and if it is specific to my model???

    alcutler that is very kind of you m8, I'm based in Derby, noticed you're in East Midlands. I would definitely try it if it's similar

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    should be same one , or you can get a 'generic' one from an exhaust place just take old one in an ask if they got one close to it

  6. #6
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

    Trim : design



    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksh View Post
    Yeh had thought about scrappies, but I don't even know what I'm looking for truth be known and if it is specific to my model???

    alcutler that is very kind of you m8, I'm based in Derby, noticed you're in East Midlands. I would definitely try it if it's similar


    Ive just had a look in the VX trade book to see if the calipers are the same on your car as mine - but they dont list calipers although the rear disc and pads are the same for most models so I would presume the calipers are same/similar If you PM me with an address I'll post it to you in the morning

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheshire + East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcutler View Post
    Ive just had a look in the VX trade book to see if the calipers are the same on your car as mine - but they dont list calipers although the rear disc and pads are the same for most models so I would presume the calipers are same/similar If you PM me with an address I'll post it to you in the morning
    Much appreciated m8, PM sent

    Thanks for replies all

  8. #8
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

    Trim : design



    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksh View Post
    Much appreciated m8, PM sent

    Thanks for replies all
    Hi Steve, Dropped it off this morning - was coming into Derby one day this week so thought I would do it today. Hope its the right one, Al

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheshire + East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcutler View Post
    Hi Steve, Dropped it off this morning - was coming into Derby one day this week so thought I would do it today. Hope its the right one, Al
    Hi Al, I know I pm'd you, but just wanted to say a public thanks for your help! Absolute gent

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New caliper now handbrake problem
    By roverjay in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th January 2013, 19:17
  2. Handbrake spring :-(
    By bigbranno9 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10th May 2012, 11:51
  3. caliper & handbrake cable
    By mparks8590 in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24th June 2010, 17:19

Visitors found this page by searching for:

vectra c rear caliper spring

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •