0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2.2Dti

Recently bought my Signum 2004 2.2 DTi, got the software updated under warrenty and all filters and oil was changed prior to purchase so has anyone got this engine remapped? if so how does it fair? is it worth it? I have also asked my Mechanic to look into Decatting it, so again is it worth it? whats the advantage?

Anything else you may know about this engine type would be great as am only learning about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Recently bought my Signum 2004 2.2 DTi, got the software updated under warrenty and all filters and oil was changed prior to purchase so has anyone got this engine remapped? if so how does it fair? is it worth it? I have also asked my Mechanic to look into Decatting it, so again is it worth it? whats the advantage?

Anything else you may know about this engine type would be great as am only learning about it
    The cheapest way to more power is the airbox mod (it's free - just do a post search) and if it's done over 60k miles, get the inlet manifold cleaned out as it will be full of gunk from the EGR system. Clean up the boost sensor at the same time. I just did both of these and the difference was huge. Main things to look for are split rubber turbo boost pipes and chafed through vacuum pipes. These will affect performance and put the car into limp mode (spanner light) usually when you put your foot down at low revs in 4th or 5th gear. It's expensive to do a remap just for another 20 bhp or so. Better off doing the airbox mod and inlet manifold first. If the engine is breathing properly, the 2.2DTI is pretty quick in standard form.

Regular Member smirnoff sri-dti's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

i agree
    got Vectra C with same engine and done air-box mod with Piperxross panel air filter
    + de-cat and egr valve cleaned its fast enuf around town
    don't forget u didn't bought your car to be a Schumacher

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a shame the dti was killed off in favour of the less desirable 1.9 fiat unit. If the had made the dti common rail it would have been an awesome engine.

The 2.2 is pretty pathetic in standard form tbh but a tuning box or remap can turn them into a rather torquey beast.

Air box mod is a waste of time and a regularly changed Vx air filer is more than adequate, change it every 10k instead of the recommended.

De-cat is a great idea but I recommend just knocking the insides of you existing box out, it's cheaper and if they should change the mot any time soon it still looks standard

Another thing to look into is a straight through exhaust of some sort. it's a diesel so don't be affraid to remove silencers, to noise won't increase that much

The 'best' re-map for the dti comes from eds and can see up to 160bhp and 270lb ft of torque. downside is that because of the hybrid ecu on the fuel pump, if the pump should fail then you'll lose the map

Don't be put off by a tuning box either, I have a steinbauer pbox fitted to mine and that gives me 155bhp and 281lb ft of torque, which is nice

Hope that helps somewhat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 2.2 dti sri vec 53plate 84thou., done the mentioned above,airbox mod,new silicone vac pipes cleaned egr ect and a good service runs sweet pretty nippy too. considering the de cat by smashing guts out ov it but not sure if i dare lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iv seen some of the Remaps done and in some cases you get 158bhp with 6-8 more mpg, so that would be handy, again looking at all options, ill start with the easier items such as cleaning inlet manifold etc, the Decat can be done easy enough, Friend can do it for me, keep the Cat in the shed and if MOT changes ill always have it to reattach.

Whats the steinbauer pbox like? worth it?

Cramlington Northumberland, V6 Jaguar S-type Sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dansri View Post
    i have 2.2 dti sri vec 53plate 84thou., done the mentioned above,airbox mod,new silicone vac pipes cleaned egr ect and a good service runs sweet pretty nippy too. considering the de cat by smashing guts out ov it but not sure if i dare lol.
    Do it, Its not to hard to do. look....
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133377

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Iv seen some of the Remaps done and in some cases you get 158bhp with 6-8 more mpg, so that would be handy, again looking at all options, ill start with the easier items such as cleaning inlet manifold etc, the Decat can be done easy enough, Friend can do it for me, keep the Cat in the shed and if MOT changes ill always have it to reattach.

Whats the steinbauer pbox like? worth it?
    If mine was to go wrong tomorrow i'd be right on the phone to buy another one, I love it

Thread Information