I been looking at cars, well I havent because I have no money (thats where my parents come into play) and have just moved house, but I see this one every day for sale and its giving me itchy fingers. Its what I want as well but a pre-facelift.
Anyway, its an:
- 04-reg Signum Elite 2.0 DTI 16v,
- Full Leather,
- Short MOT,
- All OLD MOTs (and I have done an MOT check on it and they all check out,
- 17" Alloy Wheels,
- Front Fogs, etc, etc, etc.
The seller is a home-trader. He says its got 65k on the clock with receipts and things, etc. I have been seeing it for nearly 3 months now
What you think? Whats it worth?
This is what it is like (this is a google image, not the actual car but its exact same): http://images.titaniummotors.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-signum-hatchback-2-2-dti-elite-5dr-auto-1652863080-640x480.jpg
Its the pre-facelift one, so all it really needs is a better set of wheels, smokey SRI front lights and thats it.
What do you think?
What should a buyer look out for?
What are the potential Signum problems - if any, other than the usual Vec one's?
I drive a 2.2 DTI engine at the moment so know they are bomb proof but please tell me tell-tale signs to look for!
Also, on the last MOT's these are the issues that are advisories, can someone advise what they mean please:
Please comment chaps.
- Nearside Rear Seat belt insecurely fixed to the vehicles structure (5.2.1a)
- Offside Seat belt insecurely fixed to the vehicles structure (5.2.1a)
- Centre Rear Seat belt insecurely fixed to the seat (5.2.1a)
- Gearshift lever faulty
- Rattle coming from under the from of the vehicle (this was a couple of years ago but not here on the most recent).