0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So a drunk jumps out onto the road and hits my car

On monday evening, I go to pick up the wife from work.

We head up the same street we do every night and I stop at the junction.

Traffic is quite heavy. I wait there for a bit till I get a gap and then see an Audi TT coming down the hill from my left hand side, indicating that she wants to turn in to my junction. She flashes me out and lets me go first. I'm looking over at the shop and the bar opposite on the other side of the road and there's two cars parked illegally on double yellow lines outside, so I'm going to have to be careful as when I pull out, I'm going to be for a few seconds, on the opposite side of the road facing oncoming traffic.

Look back at the Audi TT driver and she once again gives me a flash of her headlights to allow me to pull out.

Start pulling out and wifey shouts "Watch out!!!!!".

I turn my head to the left, thinking that for some reason the Audi TT has started to move towards me. It hasn't, so I start turning my head back to face the front and also check right and see this figure staggering at a fast pace across my cars bows.

Hammer the brakes on and as i almost come to a complete standstill, the figure walks into the front driver side headlight and slides down the wing of the car into the road.

"OMFG!!!......I've just knocked someone over!!!!".

Stop car, get out. Here's this little fella lying on his side in the middle of the road next to my car. I go down and check him out, auld Fire service first responder head switches on.

As I go down to face level with him, I get an incredible overpowering scent of alcohol. He is stinking of drink. He has a half empty bottle of Vodka in his trouser pocket.

Do my primary survey of him and he seems to have superficial cuts to his palms where he has reached out as he went down and a slight graze to his knee. By this time a few other folk have stopped and got out to offer help. I put him in the recovery position and we call for an ambulance.

All the time I'm thinking "I cant believe this is happening!!!".

Little injured fella starts shouting at me bleating on about him already having 13 operations on his legs. I think "WTF??". But I try and communicate with him and reassure him. He calms down a wee bit.

Couple of other blokes come over to assist, by now this little fella is struggling a bit and we have to hold him down, just in case he has any further injuries. Ambulance is on its way.

Ambulance turns up and the crew approach.

"Ahhh.......what have you been up to this time, James?" as they see who it is lying on the road. We help them get him into a wheeled chair and he's placed in the back of the ambulance.

Traffic cops turn up and look at him and they also know him from previous incidents.

Police take me into their car and caution me. I'm breathalised, with a zero reading of course. The cops say to me "We know you have done nothing wrong. A report will be submitted, but thats about as far as it will go, dont worry about it".

Apparently this little **** has done this countless amounts of times before. Either because he is too drunk to realise what he is doing, or because he thinks he can get slightly injured and make an insurance claim for some cash to buy booze.

I check the front of the car and there is thankfully no damage.

The following day, the police officer dealing with the incident phones me to give me an update. The guy had caused a commotion at the hospital and had refused treatment and discharged himself from there before seeing a doctor.

So this morning, I am walking through town at 9:20am and I see him again walking with another drunk friend. He again, looks totally out of his face on drink. He passes me by and doesnt recognise me, even though I make a point of looking him straight in the face.

Anyway, the upshot is that my emotions have gone from black to white.

At first, I could not believe I had knocked someone over. I was as white as a sheet, shaken up and very concerned at the time.

Now, after what I know, I wouldn't have given a toss about the guy lying there in the road, especially as I knew for a fact after checking him out that he had actually hit me rather than me hit him with my car.

This makes my blood boil that there are people like this walking about our streets. I should have kicked his **** up and down the street after it happened, but obviously that would have been ridiculous and I would have never have done it.

Drunk or not, I'm glad he wasn't injured more seriously, but I still feel very annoyed about what happened.

Who knows what this idiot will try the next time and how many other innocent drivers will he put through what myself and my missus went through that evening?.

ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoons

Social Scammers taking advantage of you.... wont be the last time I bet....

Does make you blood boil, as life can be hard enough as it is !!!

Glad to hear that your car is ok and that you are rid of this pest !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSV_Ecosse
    This makes my blood boil that there are people like this walking about our streets. I should have kicked his **** up and down the street after it happened, but obviously that would have been ridiculous and I would have never have done it.
    Bet you're wishing you had now!!

Thankfully he's known to both the ambulance service and police, and with the commotion he's subsequently caused it's 'just' one more incident to add to his name! Doesn't take away the fact that you were obviously really shaken up at the time, but at least you now know that, as you say, he ran into you basically - and not you into him.

Sounds like the matter will, thankfully, go no further given what the police have said. Just a matter of time before he does it again to somebody else!!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know where he hangs out get an old banger, remove the plates and run the $hit over good and proper! At least that will stop him doing it again
    I'm sure you know someone that can "dispose" of unwanted cars and the emergency services will thank you for it too i'm sure.

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman
    If you know where he hangs out get an old banger, remove the plates and run the $hit over good and proper! At least that will stop him doing it again .
    Then he will get a nice hospital bed, harass our nurses and get a government grant for a home, £300 a week allowance and free methadone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not if he aint breathing he won't!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts exactly D

spoons

You cant just go around murdering tramps for rolling over ya bonnet !!

You pair could write horror stories !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could of been really bad news......

could of damaged the Vec

spoons

With that much alcohol in his sweat he probably fetched off the wax as he slid down the side !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information